My Demon heading to the body and paint shop this morning

-

Royalbull@73

Reaction score
upload_2021-12-8_20-10-30.jpeg
IMG_1564.jpg

Are they removing the window trim, door handles, lock cylinders, antenna, and lights to do the job correctly? Typically the best thing to do is to remove all that stuff yourself and keep it home before the car goes this saves you extra money in prep work if they have to remove it, plus stuff like that is notorious for getting broken or lost. Best of luck to you. Hope it isnt in paint jail over a year or so.

Last edited:
Are they removing the window trim, door handles, lock cylinders, antenna, and lights to do the job correctly? Typically the best thing to do is is to remove all that stuff yourself and keep it home before the car goes this saves you extra money in prep work if they have to remove it, plus stuff like that is notorious for getting broken or lost. Best of luck to you. Hope it isnt in paint jail over a year or so.

I have the grill out, bumpers off. They will be replacing the upper and lower door hinges. The rest of the items that you mentioned they will be removing. Thanks!

looks like a pretty clean car to start with
She is in great shape with just a little bit of rust on the lower fender skirt right side. rest of the cars looks pretty clean. I will know more once they start removing the old paint, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I will burn sage and petition the Gods on behalf of your car going to paint prison. I hope you have a great experience and the shop keeps their word. As for me never again, I don’t care if I have to rattle can the next one!
LOL thanks!

I have the grill out, bumpers off. They will be replacing the upper and lower door hinges. The rest of the items that you mentioned they will be removing. Thanks!

As MoparMatt 2000 suggested, pick up all trim and parts thats removed and bring them home. That way if anthing gets broken while being removed, you can address that immediatly. Its months later that the issues come up with broken and lost very rare parts .

Best to nip that problem in the bud immediatly. Tag and bag everything removed and make a list of where everything is located. You will be so glad you did this later and it will definitly help you get back on the road sooner!!

As MoparMatt 2000 suggested, pick up all trim and parts thats removed and bring them home. That way if anthing gets broken while being removed, you can address that immediatly. Its months later that the issues come up with broken and lost very rare parts .

Best to nip that problem in the bud immediatly. Tag and bag everything removed and make a list of where everything is located. You will be so glad you did this later and it will definitly help you get back on the road sooner!!
Great advise, thanks!

Please do. Your Demon should turn out great. Lots of good talent in California.
I see that your from NW Montana? I was born and raised in Helena and spent 25 years or so living in the Butte area. I actually bought my Demon in Butte about 30 years ago. I so miss my state and try and get back every year for visits with family and friends. And I agree there is a lot of very talented shops down here.

The engine bay has been pressure washed and the snorkel scoop has been fitted to the hood. Doors come off next followed by the glass and trunk lid. Progress is being made!

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9422.jpg

Ask them if they would mind if you stopped by periodically and took some pictures. I've heard that some places are weird about that, but the pictures would be nice.

Ask them if they would mind if you stopped by periodically and took some pictures. I've heard that some places are weird about that, but the pictures would be nice.
The guy doing the work for me owns the shop. He does all of the body and paint work for my wife's dealership, which is right across the street, he has been doing this for 25+ years. He sends me pictures everyday of the work as he does it. He puts the photos in an album also and gives it to me when he is done. He is the last guy that I have to worry about doing shoddy work. I feel pretty lucky to have him doing this work for me.

-
Back