My distrubutor can be turned by hand...

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi

Installed the Aircleaner today and adjusted the timing. The 7/16" bolt beside the distributor is fully tighten but I could still turn the dist by hand! Am I missing something? Is there another bolt holding the dist in place? Thanks.

Syed

should not be able to turn it if the clamp is tight. What engine are you talking about? (assuming a /6 because of the bolt size)

Put a washer on the bolt and try it again.......The bolt could be bottoming out (not sure the depth of the hole on these)........

X3. Mine was doing the same thing. I just put washer on it to take up the space.

here is a bolt on the under side of the dist, one one the block you can see, and another one under you can't see.

here is a bolt on the under side of the dist, one one the block you can see, and another one under you can't see.

bingo....

if you lay on the ground behind the tire you can get at it with a short 7/16" wrench...

i would set the slot in the middle of the normal adjustment area

then lock it down and time the engine

then tighten the one underneath and now it is where you want it an have max adjustment either way...

bingo....

if you lay on the ground behind the tire you can get at it with a short 7/16" wrench...

i would set the slot in the middle of the normal adjustment area

then lock it down and time the engine

then tighten the one underneath and now it is where you want it an have max adjustment either way...

Sorted... Thanks :)

-
Back