My Driver's Ed truck

-

JoshSport73

Reaction score
Dad probably already posted about this. He bought this Dakota pretty cheap yesterday. He says it is going to be the family Driver's Ed vehicle. My sister said it is ugly green and wants to paint it . haha. I will also get to learn in Dad's Shelby Dakota some, I think, like my brother did. But I don't think I'll get to drive it to school. We will see.
OK. Out the door now. The school bus will be here in 4 minutes.
noname.jpg

20221110_121416.jpg

You dad has good taist in trucks.
Good luck today and remember, the road belongs to scared young girls, old folks and old veterans and grandparents, give them there room they deserve.

20200116_113658.jpg

Tell your sister you will scrape that paint off in no time and she will have to paint

Wow Josh. That looks like a pretty nice Dakota to be a Drivers Ed vehicle! We have a quad cab 2WD Dakota, and they ride and drive good. It will be something good to drive in bad weather when you can't/don't want to drive your Sport when it's done.

Good to see you signed up and posting here. You may not remember me, but I'm the old guy in the Curious Yellow golf cart who came by and visited with your family at the campground in Myrtle Beach.

:thumbsup:

Wow Josh. That looks like a pretty nice Dakota to be a Drivers Ed vehicle! We have a quad cab 2WD Dakota, and they ride and drive good. It will be something good to drive in bad weather when you can't/don't want to drive your Sport when it's done.

Good to see you signed up and posting here. You may not remember me, but I'm the old guy in the Curious Yellow golf cart who came by and visited with your family at the campground in Myrtle Beach.

I dont know what your idea of bad weather is, but around here, a rear wheel drive with zero weight on the back would be worthless

Go back and read what I wrote just a liiiiitle slower! I said I have a 2WD truck. His is a 4WD, plainly says it on the bed side. I have a 4WD if I need it, but I don't plow snow like you do. I'm retired, have a big pantry that's full and plenty of firewood!

Thanks.
Yeah kind of not really on remembering meeting you. Sorry. I think I was 11 or 12 the last time we were at Myrtle Beach. Besides, there are a lot of old guys on golf carts at the beach. haha

IMO those first and second gen Dakotas are some of the best vehicles ever made.

Extremely reliable and you can actually still work on them if you have to.

Some of the last vehicles with metal bumpers as well.

We've had six in our family, and still have two, a 2000 and a 2002.

There are some idiosyncrasies (like coolant rusting issues and poor heater core placement, bad plastic rad cap fitting, belt tensioners, etc), but those are relatively cheap and easy to maintain vs what could and does go wrong on other makes and models.

Yeah, Mom had a 2002 Durango with the 360 in it until 3 years ago when Dad got her a Grand Cherokee.

Dad got tags for it today and is picking it up tomorrow and bringing it home. He says the parking lot driver's ed starts in a week or so. I can't wait.

-
Back