my drum/disc upgrade(68 dart)

-

Dakota_Don

Reaction score
www.scarebird.com
check out the pics, this was a simple and cheap swap using parts from Napa or advance auto.. and most everything they will have in stock..
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4640207&an=0&page=0#Post4640207

dart disc.jpg

10in drums.jpg

14in rally.jpg

disc parts.jpg

I have been considering using the scarebird setup. How much did it cost minus the price of the adapters? Where did you get the slotted rotors, Napa? How much did they cost? I see you replaced the master cylinder, what kind? Very nice set up you did. Good job!!!!!

when i did the MC, I had to find one with a resdisule valve built in for the rear drum brakes..

so far not one proble with this brake set up, I drive my dart everyday, rain,shine or snow..

so far so good

You ever try putting a 15 x 3.5 front runner on this set up. The folks at scarebird couldn't tell me if it would clear.

I want to use front runners, but, not fond of tossing spacers on if it's not needed.

How bout listing the part #s? I have been looked into the same set up. Is that sbp?

yas that i the SBP, let me try to remember the parts, or you can call scarbird classic brakes..

90 chevy celebrity rotors $18 ea
90 chevy calipers $13 each
19 caddy brake hoses 17 each
rotors 18 each?? but im not sure.. and im sure the prices have changed.

i used the slotted ones from ebay 68 each a pair

for the (master cly) MC i re-used the stock 68 unit with the front redisule valve removed from the MC for the disc, or I could of used the 72 MC, same bore size just has larger res.. the 68 disc MC looked exacly like the drum MC unit..

adj poprtioning valve from summit

longer wheel studs from napa.

and i took about 3 to 4 hours to do it, pluss i didnt have to but new tires,wheels and rear end or axels.

I have a great pedal, and it stops so much better then the old drums did in new condition..I would like to add power brakes and pwr steering soon..

call scare birds classic brakes they will send you A COMPLETE list and instructions.. its so easy a cave man can do it..

with thanks to Dakota Don, we changed the rotor to a Toyota Previa piece (yeah, I know... but it fit the best.) so it now definitely fits inside the stock drum rims. The calipers may require some rounding - some do not...

so do you stil use the same studs from the drums? and you have to press out the hubs of the drums?!?

wow, could you tell me how you did it and everything, my hubs for my drums kinda fell out and if I can upgrade with not much more money that'de be awsome

Wow near as I can tell,you have waaay less than $200 into it. Thats simply amazing! Other companies charge you thousands and then you need to get new rims.

I really like the fact that you keep the sbp.No need to get new axles for the diff or redrill either!!

I wonder if they have a kit for my duster, I would like to lighten up from the heavy stock disc components. Anyone use the rear conversion kit?

-
Back