My Engine Pics

-
Sweet everytime I see one I want one.
Hello Bigdemo1,

Yeah that's kind of how I wound up with this blower. I always wanted one and I was still young single when I bought it so spending $2000.00 for it didn't seem like too big of a deal. When B&M made these blowers they COMPLETELY IGNORED Chrysler (typical). Dick Landy, however did all of the dyno work for B&M so he said if B&M wont make it then I will. He took an Offenhauser dual quad intake and cut the flanges off. Then he mig welded the supercharger flanges on. While he was at it he decided to give the small block guys the big block blower. The down side to this is because it's not a low profile intake it doesn't fit under a stock hood, hence the fiberglass hood with the six pack scoop. You can see pictures of my car in another post I did yesterday.

Real sharp those B&M's look so cool,car looks great!How long have you had it?Exactly what pistons are you running,I'm going to build a blown motor someday for my 73 Dart Sport.There was one on Ebay last winter,a Landy set up$1500 needed rebuild,shoulda bought it.

Very nice car, and a nicely done engine to boot!

Here is our budget set-up:

engineqx.jpg

dsc03523ph.jpg

dsc03526p.jpg

Real sharp those B&M's look so cool,car looks great!How long have you had it?Exactly what pistons are you running,I'm going to build a blown motor someday for my 73 Dart Sport.There was one on Ebay last winter,a Landy set up$1500 needed rebuild,shoulda bought it.
Hello Bigdemo1,

I've had the car since 1981 and the blower I bought when I built the engine in 1988 (bought it new I think it was $2200.00). The pistons are TRW's and are 8.5:1 with total seal gap-less rings.

Looks really good, how streetable is it
It's actually not too bad on the street but the highway cruising is NOT a pleasant experience. That's why I just changed the gears from 430's to 355's and converted to BBP axles and BBP Wilwood disks on the front. I found that Summit was selling a new chrome aluminum wheel that looks very much like the American Torquethrust and was $100.00 less so I replaced the SBP Cragars with a set. I'm going to put my smaller blower pulley on to compensate for the loss of gearing.

Glenn

It's going to be Plum Crazy, someday. The previous owner started the Plum Crazy color conversion. It was an original yellow car.
Our 1972 also has been converted to the large bolt pattern via 1973+ A-body disk brakes on the front and Yukon axles in the rear.
I know have the slicks mounted on the black steelies and run a complete set of 14 x 6" rallye wheels on the car. Eventually It'll be a set of 15" Weld ProStars that I have.
I know what you mean about the gears, we have 3.91:1s and they are a little much on the highway with the T/F-727.
Our set-up uses a bone stock 1974 360 that we pulled from a 53,000 mile Dodge truck. The intake manifold is a Holley 'Street Dominator' 4-bbl. aluminum piece that we milled the carburetor pad flat/level on and bolted the blower to that using a plate of 1/4" aluminum. The car has Hokoer 'Competition' headers and 3" dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40 series 3" mufflers.
The ignition is just a stock electronic unit with a big ugly yellow Accell 'Super coil' because that's what we had lying around. The spark plugs are just NGK V-Grooves and the wires are premium parts store pieces.
We run a 6-3/4" bottom (crank) pulley and a 3" top (supercharger) pulley for a 2.25:1 ratio.
In the photo we were running a Holley 770 cfm 'Street Avenger' Carburetor with 75 main jets & 79 secondary kets, however we just switched to a Holley 750 cfm double pumper, which didn't gain much if anything. Over the winter an actual blower carb (with real vacuum reference) will be set up.
B&M says our blower is a '162'. It also has the teflon strips in the rotors.

What size upper & lower pulleys are you running?

-
Back