My Experience With Dash Worx (long)

-

moparmedic

Reaction score
My experience with Dash Worx was not what I expected. I did some research and I found some good feedback on line and no negative feedback. They are listed as a Moparts site sponsor and I have had really good luck buying from sponsors and members of moparts and FABO before. Not this time.

I was looking for a company that could do 3 things. First, I needed a quick turn around (a month or less), second, I needed someone who could do white face gages with screen printed numbers. Third, reasonable price. I called every company I could find and got a time line and a quote.

Dash Worx told me over the phone they are three weeks out and mine should take no longer than that. I sent them my cluster (pic attached) along with my contact information and such. I called them the day UPS said it arrived (Mar 8, 2011) to tell them what I wanted done. At this point they said it will be four weeks. Right then, I'm thinking here we go, so I asked what the deal was and told them they said three weeks. She said they just got a bunch of work in. I said just do it but to please get it done in that time frame. I received an email from them confirming their ability to complete the project in 4 weeks and the price.

Four weeks came and went with no call or email and no charge to my VISA so I called and was told they will get it done no later than April 11. I politely expressed my displeasure and said they promised 4 weeks and the 11th is 5 but I once again said just do it. The 11th came and went and I called and got the owner. He said he wasn't sure they had my cluster and I held on the line while he rummaged through the shop. He found my cluster and apologized a lot and sounded very sincere and said they just took ownership of the business and that the previous owners left them with a mess to sort out. He assured me that my cluster would head to the front of the line and be done the next Friday. That made it over 6 weeks.

I was promised "next Friday" for the next several weeks. One day I said if you never intend on doing the job, just send me the cluster back to which I was told they had it torn down and painted it already I got another promise to finish it. I was calling the Monday following the promised ship date and I am sure they were just pacifying me by telling me a day it would be done by. Each time I call, I express my frustration and each time they apologize and give me another date.The excuses ranged from taking ownership of the business to the silk screen not arriving to "it is done but the speedometer makes noise and we are trying to fix it".

They finally stop returning my calls, their voice mail is full or off, and when I finally get to speak with an employee he said "your cluster is sitting right here on the bench, it looks like it is done, I don't know why it hasn't shipped".

I thought I would never get that cluster back again and started looking for another one when I get a voicemail from Dash Works. On May 30 they shipped my cluster. I left multiple messages asking for a tracking number which I never received. I couldn't believe it but I actually got it on June 7 (12 weeks later) and to their credit, it looks and works great. This is not an endorsement just being truthful.

For me, the final outcome doesn't outweigh what I consider to be poor customer service. I will not spend my money at Dash Worx again. This is a long story but I thought it would be something to consider when you are looking for a company to refinish your gauge cluster.

Wow 3 weeks to 12?? I could see 4 maybe 5, cuz they probably rec'd more work by the time they received yours, but sounds like they couldnt organize a 1 car funeral!! Thanks for the info

Are these the same guys that sell the updated electronics for the tachs??

I think they do. They sell bunch of stuff but I have no idea how, they rarely answer the phone and the web site isn't very user friendly.

-
Back