My First A-Body

-

Karl "Smitty" Smith

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Was told about the forum by my brothers in California, when I was picking up my very first A-Body. They told me this was the foremost resource for A-body owners and look forward to leaning on the wisdom of those who have paved the way before me.

My first A-body is a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport. It's a California car, but has what appears to be typical rust on the lower rear rockers due to the trunk leaking. Looks clean and rust free underneath. It has a few dents too... due to a college student who was a previous owner.
Here's a couple of pics, fresh off the tow dolly upon our arrival here in SE Michigan:
20170411_121300.jpg
20170411_121315.jpg
20170411_121341.jpg

I don't know what the future holds for me and this Dart Sport, but before leaving Cali, my brother passed on a set of conversion mount to swap the leaning tower of power for a 340/360.
Rear end and big brakes have already been done, it's manual brakes and manual steering.
Whatever the future holds, I'm sure it will be fun... and I'll be checking out articles on here!
Thanks for taking a look at my first post.
Smitty

Welcome to the site Smitty! Lots of info here which has been great for a newbie like me. Nice ride you got there!

Welcome aboard, enjoy this great site.

-
Back