My First Car......

-
Don't have any pics of mine
In 1976 I paid $75 bucks for a 1963 Chevy Carryall (later called suburban)
Needed a tranny, dad helped me get one from the junkyard and install it.
Here's a pic I found on the internet that looks pretty much like mine did.

1966CarryAll011.jpg

traded one of those for a 69 rr once . not near as nice as yours . clean machine .

No easy picture to get to but I'll bet you'll create the correct image. 1957 chevy 2dr hard top. $600 cash in 1978. Still have her.

Man, 650 bucks! Wow, hard to imagine with prices these days
Yes it is one I wish I would have kept but at the time I was in school working part time for about $3/hr and the $1k it was going to cost to fix seemed out of reach.

Last edited:
72 Demon , 318 , floor 3 speed , bucket seats and rally wheels. Ordered in December '71, ran like it had the '71 higher compression engine.
Yote

image.jpeg

My first car was a '66 Mustang notch back. 289, red with a black Pony interior in 1974. I didn't even have a license but in those days it didn't stop you from driving. I had it for about 6 months when the Cruise-O-Matic quit cruising in reverse. You just had to have a few friends with you to get out and push LOL. The passenger side door kept popping open in left turns so my brother-in-law "fixed" it by drilling through the door panel, through the door and out the quarter panel and then installing a long bolt and nut. Needless to say the cop that pulled him over one day was less than impressed with his fix. Oh the things we did when we were young. Needless to say that car didn't last a year.

I'm only 17 now, but I got my first car this past summer. 1973 dart swinger 2dr, former racecar. My relative who had the car gave it to me for free, but took everything but the cage, and gave me a 7 1/4 and an old /6 k frame to get it rolling. Pics are on my build thread, can't post pics where I'm at

My first car was this 71 Duster. Bought in 96 when I was 15 for $150. The trusty old slant lives on in my current daily 67 Dart.

duster.jpg

My first car was this 71 Duster. Bought in 96 when I was 15 for $150. The trusty old slant lives on in my current daily 67 Dart.

View attachment 1714998613
150.00? In '96???? Did you get it from a relative???? man, that's a sweet lookn' car. Still have it, I assume? What's in it now?
I sure wish I'd never have sold my 1st..... :(

Sadly no, I don't have it anymore. Classic case of if I had known then what I know now I would have kept it. I got it for such a low price because it had a broken window, the drivers door striker had been ripped out (I have no idea how that happens), and it was barely running. The previous owner was an idiot and couldn't figure out why it ran so bad. There was one plug wire dangling from the distributor and another was missing completely as well as other issues.

here's my first car, a 69 barracuda notch. I bought it from a little old lady from Capitol Heights Maryland. It was fully loaded with 318. Interior was immaculate, exterior was dented up pretty bad, ran like a top. All for $500 in 82. The good old days when Mopar demand was low and you could buy, sell and trade with you car buddies without taking a second mortgage.

My first 69 Barracuda 006.jpg

My first 69 Barracuda 031.jpg

My first 69 Barracuda 032.jpg

Here is my 1st car, bought it at 15 years old for $500 back in 1990. Worked on it & got it going, then my grandpa had a paint n body shop & I helped him for a full summer & we sand it all down & he painted.

16252184558_7680107a37_z_d.jpg

16438082491_03ff509a08_z_d.jpg

-
Back