My first engine build. I just hope it runs when I'm done!

-
I finally got most of it together this past Wednesday. I bought an SRT8 Challenger (another unplanned event) shortly after I started this thread and have been monkeying around with that and sort of lost ambition. I had to force myself to get to this engine and now that it's together for the most part, there's a little bit of fire burning again. I will have it completed and ready to fire on Monday or Tuesday when I don't work. I need to order a fuel cell and probably a bigger stall. At that point I can pull the engine that's in it and swap them. All that'll be left then is a bunch of little trinket things. I'm undecided which ignition I'll run, but that can be upgraded later on.

We haven't had E10 in this part of the woods very long. From my own and other's experiences, the fuel tends to be hard on internal carburetor parts, is hydrophilic, and turns to a nasty jelly in the fuel system if left to sit for a few months. E85 has to a magnitude greater in these regards. I hope you've thought through these issues so as not to compromise the sweet ride.

I bought an E85 specific carburetor from Quick Fuel Technology. Everything will be drained for the winter months, and the water thing is something I'm still reading about. I've read a few different opinions on it. I'm not in a major hurry to do anything. I might not do anything with it yet this year, who knows at this point! Before it gets installed, I would like to dyno it. Finding one in the area may be a big hold up.

Worst case scenario if the above doesn't work, which isn't a bad scenario by any means, I install a stroker kit and run pump gas.

Best advice I can give you, after many years ago and a failed first engine build, make SURE everything is CLEAN. Blow out ALL oil passages, in the crank, in the block, CANT be too clean. Good Luck, Im sure all will be badass! MT

X2. Got my block back from machine shop. Full of filings.

-
Back