My First Resto-Mod (Guidance Appreciated)

-
Yep there is a restoration section, in the "general off-topic fourms" 3rd link down. You'll find my build there. Not trying to throw salt in your game, I'm happy to see you avoid a potential pitfall. I think you'll find that BC/CC is an easier process if you make a mistake. Enjoy the ride, it's quite a long one.

No worries. My thread is here for the paint department experts. It's a whole new ball game for me and will be fun to learn. I just need to aquire a few more tools to get the ball rolling once I finish removing the rest of the stuff on the car. After that, all I have is time.

Oh. Got a couple questions.

1. Is there a good DIY rotisserie build guide on here? I have aslo seen guys online fabricate some casters to metal and then bolt it to the frame. Anyhow, Im a very maticulous person and want to do my project right so I feel a rotisserie is on the list of jigs to build.

2. Will I need to put some frame support in the cab if I am removing floor pans, trunk pan or the cowl?

You gus are the experts! Thanks again for the help and critique!!! :prayer: I cant wait, even though its a resto-mod, to revive a classic and put it on the street instead of the crusher. :burnout:

A few home builts in the link below including mine which was built by a friend. Mine is crude but I like it. It's the only one I've seen that can be rolled around on gravel, which I do. If you have junk cars around its cheap to build. I do plan to put a solid sliding brace between them. There's a plan for a more typical one online if you google DIY car rotisserie. The metal would cost around $300 I think. You can also get kits that include an indexed wheel to hold its position. Mine sits fine wherever I put it.

That truck jack idea is awesome. If I find some for cheap I'll rebuild mine with them.

I would not sandblast a total car without one.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=225750

As for bracing my opinion is its not needed. If you remove a 1/4 panel then yes.

-
Back