My first test at Mopars At The Strip in sweden

-

65SignetSweden

Reaction score
It was about 3 month´s ago at Orsa dragway in Sweden. It´s me in the white valiant and it was the first time I tested the car after the restoration.
The first run was with 195/70 normal street tires and a bent shiftfork so I couldn´t use second gear. Well now it´s time for some tuning, It felt like I had no power at all on the starting line. You can see how it bounces away, I guess it´s the carbs that need some more tweeking. bty it was filmed in widescreen and thats why the picture looks funny on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsSqMTrmbXg

ENJOY :burnout:

I still enjoyed it. Looks like you still had fun. Thanks for the clips.

Great vid clip, thanks, enjoyed it too especially since I couldn´t attend at the MATS.

I´ll have to make it next year.
Did you join the Mopar Power Tour to Rättvik?

I have a question about mopar imports in Europe. I believe 1964 was the first year Dodge starting importing cars to Europe ,but did they import all of the Dodge and Plymouth models or just a few. In your video I see a little of everything. Were most of these cars imported back in the 60's and 70's or were they more recently imported for the hobby. Jayson

Test and Tune.jpg

Dodge/plymouth/chrysler exported cars to Sweden since the 1930s. Back in the days(1930-1950) almost all cars came from the USA. I can easily say that Sweden have more american cars then no other country in europe. Even the cops had Plymouth Valiant 1965-1978. Not all models was imported, maybe 30% of all mopar models was sold new in Sweden, but extremly many cars was and still is imported for the hobby. I hope I answered your Question :)

The run where you lit em up about a third of the way down the track and smoked them to half track was too cool. Looked like some great fun. Couldnt understand the announcer but i think he said you were kicking ***. Especially when he got excited when you smoked the red road runner. All I can say is I want more lol:thumbrig::thumbrig:

Dodge/plymouth/chrysler exported cars to Sweden since the 1930s. Back in the days(1930-1950) almost all cars came from the USA. I can easily say that Sweden have more american cars then no other country in europe. Even the cops had Plymouth Valiant 1965-1978. Not all models was imported, maybe 30% of all mopar models was sold new in Sweden, but extremly many cars was and still is imported for the hobby. I hope I answered your Question :)

Thanks for the reply! Very interesting story. Jayson

I'm always amazed at how big American iron is over there...your reply to jayson informs me why this is true!

really enjoyed it! Thanks and your Signet is very cool and fast, too!8)

Your video was interesting and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

It looked pretty fun from where i was sitting. I am used to 1/4 mile times and speeds so i can't do the comparison, but they seemed pretty decent from ones i've seen in the past!

-
Back