My first truck pull

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
It’s just a street truck, 4” lift on 33’s. 408ci. I was curious to see what it would do. Bounced all over the place. LOL.
I have another chassis I’d like to build for a more successful outing. Least nothin broke, but it sure was a good time!

3580C705-4F91-4CCD-A812-3D713BA3C94C.jpeg

Man, that looks fun as hell! Where's that event at? Somewhere near Gilroy?

Stupid question, but what causes that bouncing and how do you control it?

I would mess around with different tire pressures.

Good looking truck! Are you allowed to add weight to the front bumper and frame?

I remember when 40% of the trucks at pulls looked like that.
The other 40% were real tractors and only 20% "monster" or heavily modified.

Saw this at the Heritage Days festival in a little town up north of me. It’s a sleepy little town, but they all come out for the truck and tractor pulls. This truck had no problem pulling the sled right out into the parking lot, not even revving his engine. Beautiful truck too!

8DF93A1F-003B-4285-8062-438CEAEBC72F.png

I remember when 40% of the trucks at pulls looked like that.
The other 40% were real tractors and only 20% "monster" or heavily modified.
Just like I remember when over 50% of drag racers were grass roots broke rednecks. Things change.

The truck is to tall and to much air in the front tires. Try adding ladder bar to the rear to help control axle wrap. We run 40 in the rears and as low as 12 in the front. A flat ball won’t bounce. I don’t know drag racing like the rest of these guys but I do know pulling. You can see the frame setups in the attached pics. My dodge is setup for pro street requiring the weight to be no further forward than the front bumper. The ford is a pro stock truck. The front edge of the weight box is 60 inches from the center of the front axle which is pretty much the standard measurement

135B5177-FC54-428A-B60D-0F2733963463.jpeg

F7AD49A6-E1F2-4B46-AD4B-66FABBC40BA0.jpeg

Saw this at the Heritage Days festival in a little town up north of me. It’s a sleepy little town, but they all come out for the truck and tractor pulls. This truck had no problem pulling the sled right out into the parking lot, not even revving his engine. Beautiful truck too!

View attachment 1715993474
That things hails from the Grand Rapids, MI area.

Very sweet truck. Glad you didn’t spit the driveshafts out with that bouncing. I’ve seen that happen more times than I’d care to admit.

Man, that looks fun as hell! Where's that event at? Somewhere near Gilroy?

Stupid question, but what causes that bouncing and how do you control it?
It is very fun! This was at the San Benito County Fair. Hollister Ca.
Mainly Lift springs, was the culprit for the bounce. But I’m new to the pulling scene. Looking forward to doing more.

I had 20 psi in the front. 57 in the rear.
I did the 4” lift the clear crossover steering.
The rear is a Dana 70 Detroit Locker. Dana 60 in front with Eaton Electric Locker. 4.10 gears. 1410 U-joints all around.
NP435, 205 divorced transfer case.
I was in 4Low 2nd gear.

I blocked the rear, but it might have hurt me more than helped. It kept the hitch height but didn’t let the truck settle.
Without em the rear woulda sagged, might not have bounced as much. Hard to say.

CC2DFA5F-68E7-48A7-83B2-32A1A52F7A5C.jpeg

That things hails from the Grand Rapids, MI area.
That’s one of the company trucks, they had a bunch of them there. I think they help run the show, I know they do work all around the surrounding area. Yes, it was in Remus, I plan one of my work weekends at Wheatland around the Heritage Days weekend, so my crew can go up town and have some fun after work.

I had 20 psi in the front. 57 in the rear.
I did the 4” lift the clear crossover steering.
The rear is a Dana 70 Detroit Locker. Dana 60 in front with Eaton Electric Locker. 4.10 gears. 1410 U-joints all around.
NP435, 205 divorced transfer case.
I was in 4Low 2nd gear.

I blocked the rear, but it might have hurt me more than helped. It kept the hitch height but didn’t let the truck settle.
Without em the rear woulda sagged, might not have bounced as much. Hard to say.

View attachment 1715993605
The blocking helped. You can see in your videos the rear springs wrapping up. That also contributed to your bounce. If you can’t run ladder bars you can add more clamps to the springs to help hold them tight

-
Back