my latest home project

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
built this light fixture and just got it back from powder coat and all wired up. each light is controlled independently by a rotary switch inside the piping. the shades are utensil holders from ikea. the spigot handles rotate and turn the switch's on and off. i think its pretty cool.

So question regarding the valves. Showed my fiance your work and she thought you did a great job but her only comment was.. Could the valves act as a dimmer instead of on/off? How much more complicated would that make it..

On another note. I work with those valves everyday and I know the internals but I cant grasp how you gutted them and made them a on/off switch.... Just perplexes me

So question regarding the valves. Showed my fiance your work and she thought you did a great job but her only comment was.. Could the valves act as a dimmer instead of on/off? How much more complicated would that make it..

On another note. I work with those valves everyday and I know the internals but I cant grasp how you gutted them and made them a on/off switch.... Just perplexes me

I used a cheap rotary switch inside a 1" tee. You could find a small rotary dimmer I'm sure. I made the shaft and drilled a hole in a pipe plug. No valve to beggin with. I got the handles at a local scrap yard and blasted and coated them. I will find pics of switch

-
Back