My little valiant

-

tguss

Reaction score
I love playing on cars but get bored too easy so I sell or trade them and start all over again, this time I have a 68 valiant 2 door factory v8 ,manual brakes with power steering. Guy I got it from was sec. Owner I looked the car over and I was like dam real clean for mopar, paid guy ,called tow truck got it home installed battery and new fuel line, baby started right up for setting for few years, I drained gas ,put in new fuel float and new plugs , had windows tinted and added a stripe across the back for that famous mopar look ,this car have a 273 with 904 trany with small 7 1/4 rearend, some one put dual pipes with cherry bombs, a edelbrock intake and carb on it. For a small motor it runs very good, I got the car it had 72,000 miles on it now it have 76,000 , been driving it all summer every chance I get. Now play time is over with setup that's in it, I pulled motor and trany, pulled off the drum brakes on front , pulled out the rear end and springs, I installed a mild built 360 with a whip lash cam setup, matching springs, seals, push rods ,double roller timing set, trany is a 727 with a tci breakaway stall, went with hooker headers with 2 1/2 exhaust, ok I got motor sitting in so I went ahead and added disk brakes setup off a 73 duster ,installed new bushing and ball joints, so now I got the basic front brakes added I went ahead and installed a set of super stock springs, I bought a 8 3/4 rearend from a 66charger, installed new perches and welded them in 1/2 inch on each side. The rearend is open with 294 gears ,it will do for now till I find a sure grip unit. So now rearend is in ,main hard parts are over,,,,,,,, I'll spend the winter button it up ,( if I still have it ,)' with combo setup I installed it should be a fun little toy. The next stage is rims and tires thinking about 17s but not for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 123
-
Back