My new 69 340 Dart

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
First off thanks for all the help you guys have givin me. Whether it was reading throuhg thread or your responses to my posts.

I picked up a 1969 Dart Swinger 340 yesterday and I have not stopped grinnin since then. A little bummed to give up the 71 but so be it, it has found a great home right down the street.

The 69 was garaged most of it's life so it really solid. Found some minor rust but nothing serious at all. The guy that owned it passed away 3 years ago and the lady selling it was a little iffy on doing so. A few people looked at it and tore it apart trying to get the price down; so she would not sell. i did not tear it apart at all and she was actually happy that the car was going to me.

I paid 5,000 and it runs great. Only 500 miles on a rebuilt 340, so it should... I don't know what the rebuild consisted of though, so hopefully it continues to run good.

It was a 4 speed and will be again. The clutch pedal is fastened to the firewall. The interior is out of a 67 Barracuda. It was originally blue as the pics will show. It has a rather bad paint job but looks great from 20' or more...

So now I need to decide what direction to go and head that way. I am thinking about going back to blue and putting the interior to black and blue. I need some pics of what the cars interior may have looked like before it was changed if anyone has any?

DSCN1122.JPG

DSCN1124.JPG

DSCN1125.JPG

DSCN1126.JPG

DSCN1127.JPG

DSCN1128.JPG

DSCN1129.JPG

DSCN1130.JPG

DSCN1131.JPG

DSCN1132.JPG

Nice car man. Take it slow and easy so you don't get too far into it. Enjoy it first.
Good Luck!!!

George

nice car for 5 grand very nice and a 340 car to boot shoot ive seen /6 decent 68s go for 4500-4750 easy from what i have seen the 68s are a little more valuable than the 69s but not by much and that is a good looking car in the pics. Nice find Justin

Nice car man. Take it slow and easy so you don't get too far into it. Enjoy it first.
Good Luck!!!

George

Well said. My 71 went went from driver to jack stand pretty quickly. I am going to enjoy the summer and just start slowly on the interior. That way I can still drive it.

Nice. I was looking at that one online but the guy wanted cash sight unseen. I just picked up a 340 GTS for a project. Nice ride.

Nice. I was looking at that one online but the guy wanted cash sight unseen. I just picked up a 340 GTS for a project. Nice ride.

He was very paranoind about the whole deal. I gave him 500 to hold it and he would not accept paypal or even certified checks. I had to get cash.
I think I got a good deal, but likde all cars that are almost 40 years old it needs some work.

Good luck wiht your GTS! Got any pics?

He was very paranoind about the whole deal. I gave him 500 to hold it and he would not accept paypal or even certified checks. I had to get cash.
I think I got a good deal, but likde all cars that are almost 40 years old it needs some work.

Good luck wiht your GTS! Got any pics?

It sounded like a decent deal to me as well. I have a few of the GTS but have not figured out how to post them yet. Better with mopars than Mac's. I'll keep trying.

Can someone help me with decoding the fender tag? i think I figured it out, but I can't seem to tie it down... The decoders I found has 5 sets of numbers for the second row up and my tag has 6 sets...?

Not sure what I have in store for her yet...

It is going to put it back to a 4 speed.

I am keeping the 67 Barracuda interior, but will be changing it all to black.

As far as exterior color, maybe go blue like it was stcok, or with black instead... Still debating that.

Steelie rims with dog dishes.
I have no plans for the engine aside from maybe a set of headers. It only has 500 miles on it a rebuild so I will take adavantage of that and drive it aorund while I redo things.
And then I will do some body work down the road to fix the 40 years of dents and dings.

Thats a really nice 1969 340 Swinger. It is a rare exterior color too, B7 Blue, which is a really beautiful color when done right. I had a 1970 340 Duster in B7 Jamaica Blue Metallic. For 1969, I think Dodge called B7 some other name, but trust me on this, if you refinish that car in the original B7, you will be very happy!

I am attaching a picture of my former ride - 1969 R4 (Bright Red - Actually named Charger or Competition Red on other 1969s) 340 Dart Swinger.
Wish I STILL had it!

8e_1.JPG

Nice find

Hard to believe that so many cars back in there day had trailer hitches

I took the hitch off my 67 Dart

Got one for a 71 Barracuda (anyone need a class 1 hitch ?)

had one on my 70 duster to pull the boat

A buddy has one on his 74 Roadrunner he used to pull his travel trailer when the car was new

another guy I know had a 72 Duster 340 that he used to pull his GS Dodge prepped 71 Demon race car. He has at times broke the Demon then kept on racing after unhooking the trailer from the Duster

another buddy had one on his 68 Mustang his parents bought new

Goes to show they were just cars, used like any other car made in it's day

Cars today cannot pull much of a trailer, you have to have a truck

Nice find......8)

Here's my 69 340 swinger's ( blue interior )

hope it helps some...........

18.jpg (92.6 KB)

18.jpg

-
Back