my new art room custom lights

-
That looks killer. Are you powering stock headlights, or did you convert it to a conventional light bulb? If you are using the stock lights, what did you use as a powersource? I have a '70 Duster tail panel I'd like to do the same thing to for my son's room.

That looks killer. Are you powering stock headlights, or did you convert it to a conventional light bulb? If you are using the stock lights, what did you use as a powersource? I have a '70 Duster tail panel I'd like to do the same thing to for my son's room.

They might be flood lights or lights for a recessed ceiling too, looks great!!!

I did that outside my garage years ago with a 70 Chrysler 300 grille and bumper . Even wired it for the headlight doors to open with the switch . Went to work , came home and they were stolen . Pricks !

They are stock headlights and turn signal lamps being controlled by a 120v to 12v stepdown transformer and fused. I had to keep it as stock as possible.

Any way you can post some info on that setup? I would love to do the same thing with the taillights that I have but don't know enough about electrical to figure out what I needed. I was looking into a power source like might be used for a laptop, or video game or something. Something that plugged into the wall but had a 12V output. Not sure if I'm on the right track or not. Thanks.

Any way you can post some info on that setup? I would love to do the same thing with the taillights that I have but don't know enough about electrical to figure out what I needed. I was looking into a power source like might be used for a laptop, or video game or something. Something that plugged into the wall but had a 12V output. Not sure if I'm on the right track or not. Thanks.
Pic.1 and 2, this is the set up I used: Two door chime transformers, 12v at 10 amp max outputs and fused at 7 amps, the left transformer feeds the left side lighting and the right transformer feeds the right side lighting, I installed an on/off (dpst) switch that controls the transformers that are hooked up in parallel and are being fed by a power cord (120v).
Pic. 3 and 4, left and right headlights and turn signal lamps, all stock. No 120v conversions.
You can buy a 12 v regulated power supply like you said, just make sure that its rated at 20 amps. Just to be safe. I used door chime transformers because they where readily accessible at the time. If you need help you're more than welcome to PM me and I will be more than happy to guide you step by step.

Attachments

• IMAG0511.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0514.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0513.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0512.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 148

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 132