My New Exhaust ~ Borla Pro XS ~ 3 videos

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
So, do you like the Borla's? I'll be in the market for mufflers soon.. Seems like everyone here hates Flowmaster, and there is luke-warm love for Magnaflow... Seems like a lot of people get Dynomax?

The Borla's sound mean to me! I like it...

So, do you like the Borla's? I'll be in the market for mufflers soon.. Seems like everyone here hates Flowmaster, and there is luke-warm love for Magnaflow... Seems like a lot of people get Dynomax?

The Borla's sound mean to me! I like it...

I would have to say I like them over the Dynomax Super Turbos that are on my Brothers 383. From what I can tell they are real similar in construction to the Dynomax Ultra Flow.

I haven't had the chance to take the car for a quick sping on the road yet, when I do I will see if I can get some drive by clips of it. Maybe one or two in the car.

your right brake light is out:) Sounds nice though. Good work.

That's weird.....looks like you fixed it in the 3rd video?

How much were they?

They were not cheap, that is for sure...but I bet they last a long time without changing the sound much. Its hard to say without driving it on the road how they sound. It change as the car moves...should be deep and mellow.

Here is a link, they were $99 each.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOR-40359/

You are right they weren't cheap but they are stainless. I figured building the exhaust was going to be a pain, I only wanted to do this once. They seem to be built well, the driver side muffler hanger gave us the most trouble.

It took me several tries to keep the muffler from rubbing on the drive shaft. The TTI Exhaust kits are not exactly bolt in like the lead you to believe. I have installed 3 of them, 2 A-abodies, 1 E-body. None of them worked out great.

The TTI Kit for the A body is realy close to working out with the schumacher conversion mounts. I cut my head pipes in 4 places (2 cuts per head pipe) and welded my own flanges on and it was done. If it wasn't for the muffler hangers being way off, I would recomend this kit for other BBD owners.

Here are the head pipes as TTI provides with the hi performance small block casting numbers:
DSC_2955.jpg

Here is the modified drivers side head pipe:
DSC_2959.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

-
Back