My new luxury liner! Pics inside!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
So I have finally found the land yaht of my dreams! I drove 160 miles each way to make the deal today and check out the car. I have always wanted a mid to late 70's New Yorker and I think I have found a good one! 1977 Chrysler New Yorker, 44k original miles. I bought the car from the decesed couples grandson. The couple bought the car brand new in september of 1976 and took great care of it over the years until they passed away in 2008, two weeks apart from eachother. Crazy how that works. They didn't drive the car much the past 20 years due to their age and eye sight, so the car spent alot of time sitting in the car port. Since they passed the car has not been started. Plans are to pull the tank and clean it out, change the oil, prime the motor and see what she does! It has every available option that I am aware of, even a 440! The outside needs a real good detail job but from what I can tell the paint appears to be in really good shape. The vinyl top is like new. Now the interior is like new! Carpet, headliner, seats, door panels, dash pad the works. Still has the old folks tissue boxes on the package shelf! Needless to say I am very excited! Check out the pics and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• DSCN6256.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 503
  • DSCN6257.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN6261.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCN6260.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCN6262.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCN6263.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCN6258.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 519
Wow is all I can say! I have always wanted a full size mopar with a 440. If you dont mind me asking,how much did you pay?

If you have been looking for a ride like this I think you found gold!
C

It's the HMS Titanic been raised.

Very nizzzze :cheers::cheers:
I could tell some stories about the thing I did in a couple nice rides like that :toothy8:
Congratulations :happy2: It found a great home:glasses7:

Thanks y'all!! I am making another trip out there tomorrow to pick her up. The only thing I am not real excited about is that damn "Lean Burn" crap. We will see how she runs I guess and go from there. I really wouldn't feel bad taking that crap off if I need to! Lol. I plan on keeping the car bone stock for the most part, I have just really wanted a nice cruiser! My dart is fun to drive don't get me wrong, but this car will be way more comfortable and alot quieter lol.

800 is a steal, lean burn was good stuff when it worked right. made the cars of that era easy on fuel easy to do away with though if it gives you problems

Awesome! I've been looking for one of those too.

Here's something to whet your appetite(not me in the vid btw):

There's a part 2 and 3

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iw-RcGJ9BY"]Davidsfarm 0499 2tWNz5lwwPc HQ preparing to start the 76 newyorker after 17 years - YouTube[/ame]

I've always liked them and I would love to have one or at least take one out for a cruise some day. A member of c-bodies only put a 4-speed in one, how cool is that....

Looks good. I have access to a field of about 30 of those damned things. Let me know if you need any parts.
Sweet! I do need the drivers side reflector that's in the rear bumper. Let me know what you can come up with!
Scrap the Lean Burn

Attach Hitch

Instant Luxo car hauler.

I had that same thought today on my road trip back with the car! I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for a hitch!

aaaah sweet memorys ...
makes me go back to when I bought my Impala,nothing compares to start up a car for the first time in 16 years!
will it fire up? won't it?

-
Back