My new ride.

-

OhioMopar

Reaction score
After owning my Coronet R/T for going on 12 years and never driving it, I came to a spot where I needed to move it again. Being kinda tired of rounding up a truck and trailer every time it needed moved, I sent out an ad looking for a running/driving trade. Well, last week I struck gold.(well, yellow, but you get the point)
My new toy, '70 Dart Swinger 340. 340/4-speed/3.91's. He 340 is a '70 model and I'm not sure what is in it yet. Trying to find who built it. I know it has a mild cam and the p.o. said it has roller rockets on it. Headers, Mopar M1 intake that looks to be a single plane. MSD billet distributor, 6-al box, rebuilt tranny(that leaks) and brand new 3.91 center. It has sub frame connectors, bungs welded into the headers for oxygen sensors, a really cobbled up exhaust with factory tips, and a b-body pistol grip shifter. It needs some work and tlc, but I drove it around Saturday night and Sunday morning and it runs fine. Got on it and it has a bad hesitation to it. (A 600 Holley vac secondary is probably the culprit) Drove it to work tonight, about 15 minutes from me on I70( gotta get some miles on it before the Nats) and it did fine. Cruises about 3500 rpm around 70mph, holds 60 lbs of oil pressure and the temperature gauge hung right at 180 or a little below.
The car needs lower quarters, a spot patched on the decklid, one on the door, a little rocker work(all bubbles) and a GOOD paint job. Is a very nice 20 footer. Needs some mechanical 'fixin': drivers window slides back out of the track, the chrome trim on the quarter window stays up when you put the window down, neither of the door locks work, the drivers door needs adjusted, passenger quarter window lubed, and I'm sure I will find more to repair.
I got a full set of pre-AMD quarters with it, an extra decklid, the original radio, original seat belts, and a big smile!
It's not a show car, and if isn't perfect, but I love the thing so far! It needs a 410 like Mrmaddart, but I may save that for my GTS.
I need to straighten out the carb and timing and make it fly so I can hit my goal of 12.20's.in it before I put it away for the winter. May upgrade to 15" wheels or switch to big bolt pattern. Not sure if I want to have custom wheels made or not. I have an extra set of 14" Rally wheels.
Anyway, just thought I would share.

Pics!

Attachments

• Dart 001.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Dart 003.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Dart 002.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Dart 017.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 306
Who doesn't like those car's?? Nice car--Steve

kepp the 340 imo

The 340 is staying. I'm gonna get some heads for it and match the intake to it, maybe change the cam. It runs good. Has a really small 600 that doesn't let the 340 wind like it should. I picked up a 750 double pumper that should wake it up. Track on Friday, hopefully.

-
Back