My new van

-

madmaximum

CA-HWY9 Road Race Rebel
Reaction score
I just got a SWEET Van! It is a '73 Dodge 3/4 Ton Sportsman Royal. White with a Green Stripe all along the side, and has 15 windows including the windshield and wings. (Will try and get some photos of her soon)
It's got a 360 and an automatic transmission (I don't know anything about the automatics, it's a 727?) Sure-Grip rear end, Front Discs.
It's pretty sweet, but I don't know a lot about vans, so any tips, or advice would make me feel good. I Love this beast!
I am gonna put a dual plane edelbrock 4 barrel manifold on it, and I have a 600cfm holley vacuum secondaries carb on my dart that I could take off and put the original Carter AFB on, so the 360 could breathe a little better. My girlfriend and I are gonna be living out of it for a month or so as well.

Oh and we picked it up from a guy on Craigslist, named Craig, for $350

It's just a long van, no camper top, we looked at an 82 slant 6 4-speed van with the camper top, but then this thing cam along and TRUMPED IT Sooooo Hard! It's in pretty good shape for an old van, not much cancer, most trim is still there, only two dents. I promise I'll get some pics once it's all cleaned up, it was sitting up in the mountians for 4 years...

Have not seen you around in a bit. Welcome back. Congrats on your new van. My grandparents and I use to go camping every summer in a tan 318 powerd Dodge van. Lot of fun.

How is your car build going?

-
Back