My other projects, 83 D-150, 85 W-150, 05 SRT4 + 67 Barracuda

-

1mopar4life

Reaction score
I figure its time to start a thread for your viewing pleasure and to help me keep up with what I've been doing to my other toys.

Over this past weekend I got both my trucks out and cleaned them up good, clay bar and waxed them and polished the chrome some. Just a precleaning for the spring really. So I took some pictures:

9987ff19.jpg

8f09e465.jpg

e1d182e5.jpg

0ab630a7.jpg

5a8a7db8.jpg

A little background on the pair, my dad got the 2wd truck new in '83, special ordered with every option, A/C, power everything, charcoal and black with all the trim and chrome. Started with a 318 then in the late 80s a hopped up 440 that eventually spun a bearing and now it has a basically fresh 383 in it with a RV cam (blah), 600 Holley Carb, Edelbrock dual plane intake, headers, 440- 516 heads, running around 9 to 1 compression and 2.92 gears. Ol truck wears the factory paint except on the driver side fender where he had wrecked it going to college back in the day. It has an aftermarket sunroof, custom bed cover, aftermarket rear bumper, new BFG rubber all around, 235 in front, 275s in the back. I plan to upgrade to a bigger rear end with 3.23 and a sure grip and a better cam. When I turned 15 he turned it them both over to me to drive.

As for the 85 was bought in early 90s for dad to hunt out of, it started life as a loaded truck bought used from a friend, then it got a 5.5 Rough Country lift, locking hubs, Ramsey 9K winch and bumper, headers, intake, 600 Holley carb with 39.5x15x15 TSLs and was all silver with those cheesey body line stripes on the sides. It was built to go back and forth into the public land (that is now closed) to go hunting. It was never a toy. Then he had a wreck with it, tore it up pretty good, and got a rebuilt, repainted to match the 2wd truck and a better cam. Then when I was 17 I got ahold of a front and rear end out of a Ramcharger with 3.55 Gears and a locker. Put that in the truck and it brought it back to life. The ol 318 is pretty tired but it still does decent enough on fuel and gets me to the woods or out bowfishin when I need it to which is quite often.

Sorry for the long winded post but I hope you enjoy and I hope I can make some progress on them and post up the others soon!

-
Back