My project Scamp/Dart

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
'73 Scamp now has '72 Demon front clip.
Trying to upload photos, keeps telling me file to large when I have set at lowest setting for display.
I'll try again in the morning.

Mark

Anyone want to help? I've tried to down load a few web sites for displaying photos, no luck. Anyone want to take my email and return photos here back for me? My car is a '73 Scamp w/a '72 Demon front clip now, car was stolen and wrecked in 1994, just now repairing it. Being a body man/painter for over 20 years now, life goes by fast when wanting a car/truck done for myself. I've had many cars/trucks since 1981. Most were B body mopars, a few odd ball cars/trucks, 6 A bodys so far and counting.
More info. when and if someone replys to hook me up for photos.

:worthles:
Thanks Mark

you can upload them to a third party site and just ad a link using the link. i use photobucket.com then just use insert image icon and size will not matter.

Installing photos now hopefully.
Thanks for the help.
Mark

DSC02632b.jpg

DSC02886b.jpg

DSC02888b.jpg

DSC03256b.jpg

DSC03258b.jpg

DSC03259b.jpg

DSC03328b.jpg

DSC03329b.jpg

DSC02652b.jpg

DSC03499b.jpg

wow looks like you did a hell of a job pulling that front end back out looks real nice and i love the color good luck with that and keep the pics coming as you get there. Justin

I pulled the damaged front clip first to acess all damage then replaced inner fender, frame rail along w/core support. I was able to repair left frame rail, tweaked only minor. The org. hood for the car was never touched, even though it is a '73 style, I did not use it. I've bought a few parts from other members on line here and I would like to say thanks to them helping me put my car back together finally. I've had a few hours help during this hole ordeal, the rest I have done. Can't wait to drive it this coming summer! More photos as it comes together and complete paint soon. Car will have a mod. 318 for starters, then the 340/377 stroker will go in during summer months. 8 3/4 w/3.91 gears and 727 stage 1 trans 2800 stall. Car has 47000 miles and rust free, other wise I would have parted it out for another. Also the int. will be all white and new, tail stripe color black or white, not sure yet, I'll paint it vs. decal also.

Mark

'73 Scamp now has '72 Demon front clip.
Trying to upload photos, keeps telling me file to large when I have set at lowest setting for display.
I'll try again in the morning.

Mark

That's what mine is. I made it look like a 70 Dart. I liked the looks of a 70. You did a great job fixing it. It should look fantastic when you get it done.

Fred B

1167956915_car.jpg

Hey, the hood scoop looks familar. This is a Demon hood that is being saved for now as it is. I seen your car also and thought, hey, another interesting conversion. I like the big bolt pattern already done and K member spool also, mine has a '72 style K member now though, org. was bent from accident. I have a '71 grille but I'm also looking for a '72 style. I'm trying to uniform the car in every aspect. I've been a die hard 2nd gen charger guy since I was 14 years old, but A bodys have always been a true favorite of mine. Finding the right car is the hardest part.

Mark

DSC02930b.jpg

Project looks like a lot of work,what about mini tubbing with your future engine build in mind. You'll enjoy the space later! Keep up the updates and best of luck in the coming year.:burnout:

I would have mini tubbed the car if it had any rust issues, but very clean, therefore it is the only thing that kept me from doing so. Not to say that in the future it may be done due to extra H.P. and the need for more traction.
Mark

-
Back