My Radiator Cracked

-

6dart9

Reaction score
This weekend my radiator cracked at the filler neck. It may be able to be fixed but I think it is the rad from the slant six that the PO replaced with a 318. I am building a 340 for it now so what would be the best rad for a 340 auto w/o ac. I know the aluminum ones are more $$ is it worth it? Want to get a good one that will last and run cool.

Any opinions insight on which one to get would be helpful.

Thanks!

Justin

Buy it once, save your money on the cracked rad and just buy a real nice rad. This way you don't forget about the one you have now once you put in the 340 and possibly damage it. It's easier to get a car to warm up than to cool down. If you don't care about original style get the largest aluminum rad you can fit comfortably in the car. It's nice knowing that your car won't overheat in traffic or on a scorching day. And you can always have a rad shop build you a real nice copper/brass rad. It'll just cost more.

aluminum is not really to expensive you can get a nice one from summit for less than 200. you can make you own bracket or get some that are tig welded on. they work just as good as the super pricey ones without the polishing, which you can do youself. checkout 4secondsflat.com for deals on radiators.

I began looking today and found the summit aluminum rads for 299.00 I will prolly go with that.

Being aluminum it dissipates hear faster right? Any other advantages?

I picked up mine from E-Bag about two years ago for $180 shipped. Copper and brass cool better but can't have the bigger tubes like the aluminum ones. They can only be 1/2" tubes whereas the aluminum can have 1", as the aluminum is stronger than the copper tube in this application.

-
Back