my ride with the new hood scoop

-
I'll take a stab at the question regarding Thunderstorms, Open Element Air Cleaners and the such.

Water entering the Carb/engine is bad ONLY in large doses. Many Forced Induction cars have

" Water Injection Systems " to combat detonation.

They actually spray atomized H2O right into the intake manifold. The Atomized water is vaporized (turned into steam) and cools the intake charge considerably.

Short of driving into a river, lake, or large body of water and ingesting a couple of gallons, a bit of rain getting to the carbuerator is not a bad thing.

Water dripping on and saturating electrical components on the otherhand, is a totally different story.

8)

To true. You can also use water (carefully drizzled down the carb with the motor running) to help cleam carbon deposits from your combustion chambers.

BUT....(there's always a but)

IF one solid drop of water hits a piston, it can put a whole right in it.

Prine, I have had the Jacobs wires and coil on since 1994 and I love it. No problems at all. My only complaint now is they sold out to mr gasket. and I can't get wire replaced any more.

I would suggest looking at Moroso. They have the light blue wires that are probably very close in color to Jacobs. Taylor also has a light blue wires. You could probably buy a single wire, and connectors from either one.

I used the duponts hot rod hues line. Its Hot Rod Black. I did all the prep work, cut hole out. A friend that own a body shop sprayed it for me. As far as racing it the last time out it ran 12.56. It's a pretty mild set up. Stock x heads, 30 over and a purple shaft 292.509.

Looks good!

I have a 67 cuda which the hood will be black. I wished that paint man would hurry up with my hood!

-
Back