My Son's Duster Project

-

snowcombine

Reaction score
Thought I would try a post since I have been lurking for quite a while now. My son Adam and I have been working on this '75 Duster (Ruster?)for a couple of years. It was originally a 318/904. My cousin gave Adam a great deal on the 360 and trans out of his Lil' red truck (has a Hemi now) so when the 904 died we rebuilt another 904 and put the 360 in. Adam is itching to get the car back on the road as he got his license in May. We are hoping to get primer on it this week and paint next. It won't make it for the first day of school but hopefully soon after. here are some pics will post some more as we go.

Funny i saw a Lil red truck at carlisle with a hemi. owner was a nice guy. probaly not the same guy tho. but thats a sweet project. I have a buddy with a supposedly stock rebuild 360 in his duster. it hauls ***!

Awesome!!:cheers:
I wish I could see the faces of all the ricers at his school when he comes rumbling into the parking lot in that beast!lol

Awesome!!:cheers:
I wish I could see the faces of all the ricers at his school when he comes rumbling into the parking lot in that beast!lol

Actually, there aren't any ricers believe it or not. Being a western Canadian prairie small town most kids go for pickups ( some are pretty decent) so a V8 rumble still predominates. His friends thought it looked pretty good with the lousy patch job and dull paint so the finished product should dazzle them.

He's living the rest of my high school dream as the Auto shop teacher is a mopar guy with a 70 runner and 69 super bee. He also runs an after school program I have helped out at where the kids are restoring a 68 dart GTS. I don't know how the teacher did it but starting this fall he is teaching a class as part of the regular curriculum where the students are building a Bracket Car!:cheers:

Well V8 predominant school or not, that is still one NICE first car!

Probably not a teen boy's first choice, but keeping it the original B1 blue would be cool.

Actually, there aren't any ricers believe it or not. Being a western Canadian prairie small town most kids go for pickups ( some are pretty decent) so a V8 rumble still predominates. His friends thought it looked pretty good with the lousy patch job and dull paint so the finished product should dazzle them.

He's living the rest of my high school dream as the Auto shop teacher is a mopar guy with a 70 runner and 69 super bee. He also runs an after school program I have helped out at where the kids are restoring a 68 dart GTS. I don't know how the teacher did it but starting this fall he is teaching a class as part of the regular curriculum where the students are building a Bracket Car!:cheers:

Sounds like the kids are lucky to have a great school system and instructor. Plus some interested parents.

Finally got it primed last weekend in our homebuilt booth and found out that high build primer takes a loonngg time to spray if your tip is too small and we are not as good at body work as we hoped we were! Going to put colour on it Saturday. No, it isn't going to be the original B1.

-
Back