my ss springs make my car lean the wrong way left side higher than right

-

khenrichs70

Reaction score
ok so i know why it is doing it, the guy before me move the springs in and when he welded the spring mounts on the rearend he just set the rearend on the spring mounts and left it hanging in the air :angry7: now if he had done this with good stock spring it probley would have been fine but my ss spring are arched different and reley on the rearend mount to be the same left to right so it can put a preload on the axle to make the car lift the right side, with the mounts not the same i have no twist and makes my springs usless, i know i will have to grind the mounts off but what is the best way to get the back to stock location any help would be awsome
thanks kyle

I think he is saying that they are attached on two different angles.
One is, I think, x number of degrees off from the other.

I would think the best way to fix it would be to sit it on the axle and springs and check the pinion angle with the weight of the car on it. Once you know what you have you will be able to figure out what you need.

sorry i did not explane it better but you are right thay are at different angles and it is not letting the right spring push down on the right tire to lift the right side of the car, i guess i am going to just first get them straignt and tack weld them on the housing put it all together and set the car down and check my pinion angle then add or subtracked to get the right angle i need i think that would be the best way but if someone has a better way i would like to hear it
thanks

-
Back