My Sunday project

-

mopar56

Reaction score
Well, a Christmas miracle happend....my truck box for my 56 Dodge that has been at the body shop for over a year and a half finnaly got finished and came home so today I spent assembling the oak bed, it's like a big puzzle sort of, I got it all mocked up then took it all apart again to align cross bar supports and drill some holes, then sides back in first and the bolting in will start tomorrow as I have a week off!

20240105_144423.jpg

20240105_144420.jpg

20240107_165043.jpg

20240105_144406.jpg

Well, a Christmas miracle happend....my truck box for my 56 Dodge that has been at the body shop for over a year and a half finnaly got finished and came home so today I spent assembling the oak bed, it's like a big puzzle sort of, I got it all mocked up then took it all apart again to align cross bar supports and drill some holes, then sides back in first and the bolting in will start tomorrow as I have a week off!

View attachment 1716189218

View attachment 1716189219

View attachment 1716189220

View attachment 1716189221
Beautiful!

Thankyou,, I purchased the wood ( cut to fit ) from hindsight bedwood out of Manitoba Canada, a great place to deal with and BTW, excellent customer service! Then I stained it three coats and two coats of varnish, you have to drill the side wood holes yourself. It was nice to find a place that builds wood beds for Dodges as well as the brand X

That's beautiful! I'd recommend keeping a Harbor Freight moving blanket behind the seat, so if you actually need to put something in the bed, you can protect it!

“A year and a half”
I guess it’s just me, but I’d be all over someone.
Looks great though.

" year and a half" its a long story, the short version is there is basically two body shops in my area that will even think of touching old iron, ( all most shops want is crash claims from late modle and insurance) one shop was two expensive for me and the one I used had his lease come up and landlord told him to get out after 35 years to open a more environmentally friendly bicycle shop so he had some down time to relocate then needed time to get back on his feet so I only got the cab and chassis back, it wasn't supposed to take that long but he did do some extras for free to make it up. At least she's home now and will be ready to cruise this spring!

-
Back