My Turn! Minnesota Mopar **** From 66340SEDAN!!

-
Keith --

I got a couple pics of your dad and his friend entering the show on Saturday morning.

NOTE: Click the image link then choose "All Size" for full resolution.

Keith, congrats on the trophy. Now you have a good argument to the "stock cop" when he hassels you next year. Post a pic of your award. Oh, send me some pics of that scoop that you have, if you are still willing to part with it.

Here is a pic of my "stock cop" ticket and one of my award. The class I was in at the show was A-Body Plymouth, says nothing about being stock to be in that class. Yes, there is a modified class for ALL makes of Mopar cars but I wanted to be with the other A-Body cars. There were several other A-body cars modified in the A-body Dodge and Plymouth classes, including the 70 Dart with the big block and straight axle. The guy tells me if I don't move my car to the modified class my votes won't count. I told him I wasn't there for a trophy, just to have fun and hang out with the a-body cars. He didn't care, and handed me this piece of paper. I displayed it in my window, and somehow still ended up getting an award! Thought it was pretty funny, lots of other people were pissed cause they got these too. One other thing, that bonehead citied me for non-stock valve covers......they are original 273 Commando valve covers!!!!!!! He also got me for a hood scoop, I don't even have a scoop on the car! What a putz, :angry7: if they are gonna enforce this they need somebody who knows this Mopar stuff and change the class to a-body STOCK. Anyway, the show kicked butt and I can't wait till next year!!

Picture 1304.jpg

Picture 1327.jpg

Go to midwestmopars.com and click thru the photo link. I got one of this truck entering the grounds in the morning then a few more later in the day. I took over 600 photos but you should be able to quickly find the truck.

Cheers,
Steve

EDIT: Click thru the image below and select "all sizes" for full rez photos. Looks like I got three shots of him parked and one of him driving.

Keith --

Did you see the pic I got of you leaving the show on Sunday? It's buried in the 600+ photos somewhere.

That "putz" you talk about worked hard like the other 200+ members of the Midwest Mopars club to provide you with the second best Mopar show in the nation. If memory serves, that hole in your hood is a modification and "hood scoop" is just semantics. If your biggest complaint was receiving a piece of paper, I think we did pretty good.

Breaking cars out into each class is a lot of work when we have 1000 cars. People who come to the show for a trophy take offense when cars that should not be in there class "steal" votes. Deliberate or not, it is a problem we would like to address in a way that makes all parties happy.

I did not park in my class on Sunday either. To make up for that I put my display card in the trunk to eliminate confusion.

Please help us make the show better by contributing constructive comments and possible solutions. If you had fun, spread the word.

Steve

Sorry if I offended you Steve, I just think they should list the class A-Body stock, if it was labeled that, I wouldn't go in it. I just wanted to be with the other a-body cars, not Chargers, e-bodies, and lightweight max wedge race cars. I think there are enough cars to have an A-body Modified class. The "stock cop" was my only complaint of the whole show, he was not the most polite, other people got that ticket too, some just blew it off, some changed classes. In fact, I left the note in my window so people could see it and if they vote, it won't count. I love the show and tell everyone about it. This was the best year yet! I have been at every show since 1985 when it was at Burnsville Dodge and don't plan on missing any! I will have to check out the website for the pics, thanks!!

Keith --

I should have waited to reply. Last thing I want is to shut people down. Your not the first to note this problem. Sounds like we need to work on delivery of the message. If the "stock cop" was not friendly, we need to work on that too.

Keep the comments and suggestions coming. Our goal is continuous improvement and the only way we will get there is by knowing what people want.

Here's that photo...

-
Back