My turn to pick my new car color

Which color?

• Factory original F8 Dark Green

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • FJ6 (?) Sassy Grass Green

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
-
If you are not doing the jambs, trunk, and engine bay - stick with what it is now. Partial changes just look horrid to me. Like blacking out under the hood. It screams cheap.
The door jambs would be painted by the shop with the rest of the exterior. I would later paint the engine bay and trunk to match when I pull the engine to slip in a new 340-6 (later this summer). I too don't like the look when someone didn't do the whole car inside and out.

I have seen a couple of FJ5 and FJ6 Barracudas and I agree that FJ6 is the better color of these 67-69 cars. I still like the FJ6, though I appreciate your overwhelming votes for F8. I have an AAR Cuda white stripe for the side (thanks Challenger Gary!) and I think that it will look great on a FJ6 car.

View attachment 1715045970 View attachment 1715045971
Should I stick with the original factory color F8 Dark Green or go with one of my all time favorites Sassy Grass (Greengo) FJ6 (?)? Is FJ6 the correct code for this color?

The color change will cost me an extra $800 (and won't cover the inside of the hood or trunk). It will cover door jambs. The cost would be $1,900 for sealer, base and clear coats for F8 and another $800 for FJ6. If I change the color from factory, I would paint the hood and trunk in the future when I pull the engine out to slip in my newly rebuilt 340-6. The paint job would be applied by a very reputable auto body shop (not a chain paint shop).
In 1967, Dark green is GG1, not F8.

F8 started in 1969. Based on the color in you pics your car is definitely GG1 (often called 'gang green'). Going with F8 would actually be a color change since it is not the same as GG1 and is a fair bit lighter.

Here is an example. The spare tire wheel is factory painted GG1 sitting in the wheel well of my F8 '69 GTS...

09 Spare tire 8a.jpg

Here is the '67 color chart...

67_Plymouth_Stripes_Trim0007.jpg

I'm confused. Your thread title says it's "your turn" to pick your new car color, yet you're asking us?

F8 started in 1969. Based on the color in you pics your car is definitely GG1 (often called 'gang green'). Going with F8 would actually be a color change since it is not the same as GG1 and is a fair bit lighter.

Here is an example. The spare tire wheel is factory painted GG1 sitting in the wheel well of my F8 '69 GTS...
maybe that's why my 67 cuda is different shades

View attachment 1715046354

View attachment 1715046355

View attachment 1715046354

View attachment 1715046355
Maybe that sort of confusion explains why my 67 Cuda is painted different shades of green. My first new car was a 68 Dart GTS, which was that light metallic green outside, but a really cool looking darker metallic green on the inside. Do you happen to know the color code for that interior?

Maybe that sort of confusion explains why my 67 Cuda is painted different shades of green. My first new car was a 68 Dart GTS, which was that light metallic green outside, but a really cool looking darker metallic green on the inside. Do you happen to know the color code for that interior?
In '68, the dark green GTS interior would have been S6F...A very nice dark emerald color...

68_Dart0004.jpg

thanks for the pics. That is exactly how I want to paint my 67 FB. I want to use the 69 stripe on my 67, as well. White stripe looks great, but I was thinking maybe a red stripe.
I can really see that. Also, imagine the red stripe with red line tires; wow. I have two things to say about the stripes. 1. Only buy from Phoenix Graphics. There are some cheaper ones available on EBay, but stick with Phoenix Graphics. Also, I bought a bottle of their application gel. I know you can use soapy water, but the gel REALLY made a positive difference. I smeared it on the back of the decal and on the car. 2. Feel free to send me a PM when ready to install. If you haven't done it before, I might be able to help with a few tips. The main tip I can give is to do the door first. The door decal has holes for the handle an lock, so that stripe is kinda locked into a specific vertical position. Then I spaced the others off of it.

I can really see that. Also, imagine the red stripe with red line tires; wow. I have two things to say about the stripes. 1. Only buy from Phoenix Graphics. There are some cheaper ones available on EBay, but stick with Phoenix Graphics. Also, I bought a bottle of their application gel. I know you can use soapy water, but the gel REALLY made a positive difference. I smeared it on the back of the decal and on the car. 2. Feel free to send me a PM when ready to install. If you haven't done it before, I might be able to help with a few tips. The main tip I can give is to do the door first. The door decal has holes for the handle an lock, so that stripe is kinda locked into a specific vertical position. Then I spaced the others off of it.
thanks for the tips. I got the idea for the red stripe from an acquaintance with a 71 (?) GTX . It was green with a red stripe. I was really struck by the combo.

-
Back