My valiant restoration.

-

valiant4dr

Go fast or go home
Reaction score
I have 2 1967 valiants one two door post and a four door.the two door turned out to be a bondo bucket.so i am going to use it as a donor car for my four door.and now some pictures.

P6050557.jpg

P8110635.jpg

P1010887.jpg

P1010934.jpg

P1010925.jpg

My current plan is to put in a 383 big block and a833 manual trans.i did install a 360 at first and then changed my mind and put in a 318/727.that engine is still in the car at this moment.but last week i went and bought the 383 engine fresh rebuilt o,30 over everything new and rebuilt.and got a brand new never used tci 727 trans too.not going to use the automatic.have a rebuilt 23 spline a833 trans i will put behind the engine.have most off the parts i need for this build now,just waiting for my garage to get done,had a garage fire in november last year,alot of tools and parts got damaged.so i recon i`m starting up my project in a month or two.going to update reguraly when i get started.and then some pics.first pic is of the 383 engine in a aspen the guy i got it from was going to use it there but had to sell it.

2036508-bilde5-dscf0877.jpg

P6270581.jpg

P1010680.jpg

Got an idea, Make the 4 dr into a 2 dr. You have all of the parts. The roof lines look the same and I'm pretty shure they're the same wheelbase. It may sound easier said then done. But, move the b piller back, either weld up the back door or use the piece from the 2dr. Just a thought I've always wanted to try. Good luck with your build. Any progress you make is an accomplishment. I can't imagine restoring a car where most of the parts are located on another continent. Thats dedication.

Got an idea, Make the 4 dr into a 2 dr. You have all of the parts. The roof lines look the same and I'm pretty shure they're the same wheelbase. It may sound easier said then done. But, move the b piller back, either weld up the back door or use the piece from the 2dr. Just a thought I've always wanted to try. Good luck with your build. Any progress you make is an accomplishment. I can't imagine restoring a car where most of the parts are located on another continent. Thats dedication.
making the 4 door into a 2 door has crossed my mind,but im going to strip all the paint of the 2 door first to see how bad it is.and then i will make up my mind,would have been cool to restore both cars.actually getting parts is not a problem as there where sold many mopar a body`s in norway during the 60`s-70`s.they are quite common over here.the only one`s that are rare are the 2 door post`s car.as for new parts i order them from summit and mancini.takes a week and then the parts are here at my door step.of course the shipping cost some extra.

I've been to Bardofuss Air Station but I never saw treads like that on the front wheels!! You must really be in a snowy area.

I've been to Bardofuss Air Station but I never saw treads like that on the front wheels!! You must really be in a snowy area.
hi yes it can get pretty snowy here in nybergsund.it is in inland norway close to the border of sweden.heres some pics from last winter.

P1010749.jpg

P1010746.jpg

I am holding a picture register of the 167 or so, still not scrapped, 1967 Valiants in Sweden. So far I gathered about 60 cars , with picture(s) and other data, including how many owners the Valiant had in the past. Since the Valiant you bought is from Sweden I can tell you that since the first date the car going on the road, on the 11 november of 1972, it had 20 owners. And was was from the factory painted white. (You maybe recognize the picture from the ad at www.blocket.se)

2447659971.jpg

I am holding a picture register of the 167 or so, still not scrapped, 1967 Valiants in Sweden. So far I gathered about 60 cars , with picture(s) and other data, including how many owners the Valiant had in the past. Since the Valiant you bought is from Sweden I can tell you that since the first date the car going on the road, on the 11 november of 1972, it had 20 owners. And was was from the factory painted white. (You maybe recognize the picture from the ad at www.blocket.se)

Hi my first post on this forum........ ;)

Do you now any thing about this car, its imported from Sveden to Norwy in 2005 i think?

btw: its my first Mopar and I LOV it :D

valle_1_160.jpg

things are busy here so the valiants are suffering due to lack of time.my garage building plans has been put on hold for now,to much going on in life at this moment.but today i did some picking on the 2 door post car and look what i found.

P1011153.jpg

P1011154.jpg

P1011155.jpg

P1011156.jpg

P1011157.jpg

a 1968 dart 270 slant six and three speed manuel trans.just rebuilt the brakes and it is overall in fair shape,does not look the world but its road worthy atleast.so now i have some thing to drive around in this summer.

P1011159.jpg

P1011160.jpg

P1011158.jpg

P1011161.jpg

P1011162.jpg

Nice buy on the 68. Looks like a solid car. Looks like your little one is staking his clame on it. LOL

My mother's family is from Alesund; ironically I use to joke that Valiants and Darts were the official American version of Volvo and Saab for all the descendants of "Squareheads." Oddly enough, this descendant of the squareheads has owned 7 of them and I have no problem driving 'em through Ballard. Never owned a Volvo or Saab, yet

-
Back