My Wife has an Issue with the 710 Engine Cap...

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
710%20Cap_zps1sofh0wr.png

Have a great day guys....

I work at a small auto repair shop as the Service Manager since I retired from the Fire Department. I called one of my parts suppliers the other day and ordered a 710 cap for a Jeep. The counter guy knew exactly what I wanted and sent it to me. The part was correct for the application and when I looked at the invoice to sign it, the part was billed out as a 710 cap. Totally funny stuff. I called him and told him that I saw what he did and he told me that what fun is life if you can't have a little fun every now and then....

Last edited:
at least she asked about , and worried about hurting it . great gal . just needs some automotive understanding , lol . 710 cap , guess the picture on it wasn't enough of a clue , lol . kind a looks like an upside down tea pot , doesn't it , lol .

gona have to add an inch inches of deck height i think . wasn't that done to a sbchevy ones ? man wouldn't that make a wide torque monster . just think of the rod length you could use .

at least she asked about , and worried about hurting it . great gal . just needs some automotive understanding , lol . 710 cap , guess the picture on it wasn't enough of a clue , lol . kind a looks like an upside down tea pot , doesn't it , lol .

That picture means the genie is about to come out of the lamp.

its priceless . i did a stage by stage with a friend on the phone , told her to write 710 on a paper . she saw oil right away . but her brother is a big wig at arp . still trying for a sponsorship . lol .

I worked as a mechanic many years ago, at a Renault dealer if you can believe that. Anyway this car comes in one day and it's covered in oil and antifreeze. The woman's boyfriend had taken the 710 cap off and filled the engine with antifreeze, thinking he was filling the cooling system. When they tried to start the car it blew a fountain of oil and antifreeze out the valve cover, covering the car and blowing all the seals in the engine. We all had a big laugh over that one, while we were doing a complete rebuild on her engine.

I worked as a mechanic many years ago, at a Renault dealer if you can believe that. Anyway this car comes in one day and it's covered in oil and antifreeze. The woman's boyfriend had taken the 710 cap off and filled the engine with antifreeze, thinking he was filling the cooling system. When they tried to start the car it blew a fountain of oil and antifreeze out the valve cover, covering the car and blowing all the seals in the engine. We all had a big laugh over that one, while we were doing a complete rebuild on her engine.

How did they decide that 7lO was antifreeze? Maybe the 420 threw them off track.

That's even worse than the customer I had who's Volkswagen came in on a hook.

No start issue. Had a suspicion about her and checked the oil. Oil checked all the way to the dipstick handle.

She thought the check engine light meant she was low on oil so she just kept filling until it hydrolocked.

I drained something like 14-15 quarts of oil out of the engine.

That's even worse than the customer I had who's Volkswagen came in on a hook.

No start issue. Had a suspicion about her and checked the oil. Oil checked all the way to the dipstick handle.

She thought the check engine light meant she was low on oil so she just kept filling until it hydrolocked.

I drained something like 14-15 quarts of oil out of the engine.

Good thing I know you guys aren't bullshitters or I'd doubt most of what I'm reading here.

There's a guy in our area that is book smart in a lot of things but doesn't have a lick of sense when it comes to cars. His car overheated one day and cooked over and the only thing he had with him was a 2 liter of coke. So he thought, its liquid, it'll work. So he dumps it in and I forget exactly what it did to the engine/cooling system but the mechanic did an overhaul on it and then told him he's gonna put synthetic oil in the engine and weld the hood shut so he can't screw it up again!! Lol

Good thing I know you guys aren't bullshitters or I'd doubt most of what I'm reading here.

Some of the things you run across, even from other mechanics.

'99 Alero with the 3.4L.

Some other mechanic told him the engine was locked up.

Checked the oil, over full with gas. Glad it wouldn't fire off.

Drained it out, fresh oil, cranked it. Dead cylinder on number one. Pulled the valve cover, cause the 3.1/3.4's have rocker issues. Sure enough the needles on the intake rocker seized and the pushrod went through the rocker.

-
Back