My wifes warning to others

-
My condolance to all that lost their loved ones. but, with even with 70s technology, these voices could have been re-recorded to a more permenant devise and would save alot on paying for a phone service.
I guess hindsight`s 20-20

No that was not the point of it, it allowed my wife to call her phone, hear her voice and leave a message just like she was at school or out shopping or on vacation and she would see her sometime soon. I could care less about the money it was the relief it gave my wife and her friends that still called her phone.

My heart goes out to yall. I cannot imagine what it's like to lose a child. I hope I never have to. Maybe in the long run it will be for the best. I know that's hard to accept right now. But nothing will ever bring her back. I can't see how that would be healthy long term. Pretending someone is still here, when they are gone. Maybe I am over thinking it. It just seems memories are best for that. Yall have my sympathy.

I fully understand that aspect of it.
A recording of her voice saved to a cd or even a cassett would still let you hear what she sounded like, would be better than nothing.
Sorry for your loss. God bless.

There has to be a way for the service provider to retrieve the original message. I can't believe they would do something like this when you are paying for the service.
My Condolences on your Daughter's passing and pray that that this will work out.

I fully understand that aspect of it.
A recording of her voice saved to a cd or even a cassett would still let you hear what she sounded like, would be better than nothing.
Sorry for your loss. God bless.

Plugged into to an old school answering machine, with the phone number re-routed to a land line. Can't rely on a service provider for that type of thing. Digital format is fleeting. Sorry for the loss.

BUSINESS OP!

Google voice can dial a phone and record the greeting, or messages and record them to your computer.
Put out an ad where you can record and save, then email the voice MP3 file to anyone with an email.

I have a friend that went through this very thing,
she was devastated.
I tried every avenue I could think of to try and recover
her phone recording.
This happened 2 years ago and she still is inconsolable
at this loss, it was as if she was bearing it all again.

I feel your pain, I hope things will get better for you and her.

I have a friend that went through this very thing,
she was devastated.
I tried every avenue I could think of to try and recover
her phone recording.
This happened 2 years ago and she still is inconsolable
at this loss, it was as if she was bearing it all again.

I feel your pain, I hope things will get better for you and her.
For her this was equal to my tattoo I take her with me everyplace and it was the same with her voice mail.

This was more her but there was nothing I could do to fix it. Sprints answer of "what do you want from us" left little options. This was not one of those cases that I could fix. And believe me I am a good fixer. So I started emailing people who might be able to help my wife prevent this from happing to someone else. But as you said for her it was if it happened all over again.

You say you still have her phone? You might check with some of her friends. Maybe they have a different phone service and will have a saved message they might could share. Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up about this. My best friend's Mom saved all his messages after he died, I can only imagine how your wife feels. Also those of us whose memories of loved ones are on VHS tapes should get them transferred.

:sad8: Really sorry to read this. My friend still has her husband's voice on their old answering machine. She, as well as the children, have listened to it many times.......
It brings them sort of an inner peace to still connect with their Dad who died way too young.

Condolences to you & your wife on the loss of your daughter :prayer:

You say you still have her phone? You might check with some of her friends. Maybe they have a different phone service and will have a saved message they might could share. Just a thought.

That's a pretty dang good idea IMO :thumbup:

-
Back