Mystery Box!!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Another member had asked for my address about a week ago and said it was for another member. :shock: Ok, I didn't think that anyone was out to kill me so I figured "what the hell" and gave it to him.

Today, the mailman dropped by and did the "Ring and Run" (the dogs freak him out. I offered to introduce him properly but he wasn't interested). On my porch step was a smallish box. I would say it was the size of two house bricks. "Well" I thought, "There could be enough C4 in there to take me out easy." I put the dogs out back and grabbed a broom, went out front and gave it a push. "Huh, too light for explosives so I guess it's OK." :D

I picked it up and saw no stray wires and didn't smell anything strange so I carefully opened it up and started to remove the packing........ Ah, something with weight was wrapped in a plastic bag.
It was two nice, shiny Zippo lighters and flint carrier with two flints! :shock: I dug a little more and found a beautiful polished UAW Chrysler ash tray! On the side I found a full can of lighter fluid!

Thank you Swinger340! You didn't leave a note but you made my day. :thumblef: :cheers::cheers: These will make a great addition to my other three Zippos and I'll take good care of them. I can't bear to put any nasty cigs out in the nice clean tray but it will work great for spare change. You 'da man! BTW, do you know what year that ashtray was made or what it's history is? Just curious. :)

webIMG_0267.jpg

Right on! Swinger340 may not say a lot but he is a very nice guy. There are a lot of members here that I wish lived closer so I could meat them and he is one of them.

Another member had asked for my address about a week ago and said it was for another member. :shock: Ok, I didn't think that anyone was out to kill me so I figured "what the hell" and gave it to him.

Today, the mailman dropped by and did the "Ring and Run" (the dogs freak him out. I offered to introduce him properly but he wasn't interested). On my porch step was a smallish box. I would say it was the size of two house bricks. "Well" I thought, "There could be enough C4 in there to take me out easy." I put the dogs out back and grabbed a broom, went out front and gave it a push. "Huh, too light for explosives so I guess it's OK." :D

I picked it up and saw no stray wires and didn't smell anything strange so I carefully opened it up and started to remove the packing........ Ah, something with weight was wrapped in a plastic bag. glad u are happy with everything but if i start smoking again u have to send everything back lol
It was two nice, shiny Zippo lighters and flint carrier with two flints! :shock: I dug a little more and found a beautiful polished UAW Chrysler ash tray! On the side I found a full can of lighter fluid!

Thank you Swinger340! You didn't leave a note but you made my day. :thumblef: :cheers::cheers: These will make a great addition to my other three Zippos and I'll take good care of them. I can't bear to put any nasty cigs out in the nice clean tray but it will work great for spare change. You 'da man! BTW, do you know what year that ashtray was made or what it's history is? Just curious. :)
i dont know much about the ash tray sorry

I was just about out of flints and fluid too, so you helped me out in more ways than one. Thanks again. :cheers:

somebody else helped to humm who was that

Lol! I just found out it was GTXperience. :read2: It turns out that he paid for half. What a guy! Thanks Ben and I hope you have a great Sunday! :cheers::cheers::cheers: The dogs say "Woof"! :)

It may sound odd, but loose change will do more damage to that fine ashtray than cigarette butts (which will just get it dirty/smelly/resonated but still, cleanable). Coinage will dent and scratch and scrape and...

I too am a Zippo man, and I also have three.
The best thing about a Zippo is the fact that if they break you can send them in and get them fixed, for free I believe. No, that's the second best thing...
...the first being, the sound they make when you snap em shut!!

It may sound odd, but loose change will do more damage to that fine ashtray than cigarette butts (which will just get it dirty/smelly/resonated but still, cleanable). Coinage will dent and scratch and scrape and...

You got a point there....

I too am a Zippo man, and I also have three.
The best thing about a Zippo is the fact that if they break you can send them in and get them fixed, for free I believe. No, that's the second best thing...
...the first being, the sound they make when you snap em shut!!

It is a great sound. There's nothing quite like it. 8)

Lol! I just found out it was GTXperience. :read2: It turns out that he paid for half. What a guy! Thanks Ben and I hope you have a great Sunday! :cheers::cheers::cheers: The dogs say "Woof"! :)

Joe, you're welcome. When swinger340 first posted these, I thought you would probably dig these. Then, I saw catsncudas post and said yep, let's do it. After I contacted swinger340 about buying them, he replied back with going halves on them. As I mentioned before, I was going to send some dog food for the pups and beer for you (or vice versa) :D but this seemed kind of cool at the moment. I am just glad you are enjoying them. Tell the pups I sent them a big "Woof!" as well.

Nice gift and another example of the quality of folks here on FABO! Congrats. I'm surprised the postal service allowed the lighter fluid to be shipped.

A very cool move by our great members here.
Enjoy Joe and Thanks go out to the members to make a great member's day.
This makes me want to poor me a Rum and Diet coke just for this cool thread.
Enjoy :D

Ok oK Ok Now I am utterly confused! How'd he change his screen name??? I can tell it's the same kewl dood that sent me the flip flop's ,the coolie cup's and the little ennnie weinieee umbrellas for the "girlie drink's" for the decoration at the new Tiki Bar.........Now I need a drink!!!!

Ok oK Ok Now I am utterly confused! How'd he change his screen name??? I can tell it's the same kewl dood that sent me the flip flop's ,the coolie cup's and the little ennnie weinieee umbrellas for the "girlie drink's" for the decoration at the new Tiki Bar.........Now I need a drink!!!!
Here ya go Curtis, Have one on me :D

Drag race day 070.jpg

-
Back