Mystery - Strong Fuel Smell

-
Would you please post a picture of how a proper fuel line is constructed and run on a SS?

When you see blue text in these posts, that's a clickable link. There are a bunch of them in posts № 2 and 23 that will answer pretty much all your questions here.

And what do you recommend I wrap the headers with?

Click the blue text in № 23. :)

I believe Dan posted links to the line routing etc. in His post above, so check them out if You haven't had a chance yet. I know it isn't always attractive, but heat sleeve is not
a bad idea on the lines in the vicinity of heat such as what You've got there , if rerouting isn't desired/an option. And always use the least amount of rubber line, even if it is
SAEJ30R9 EFI hose, teflon inner lined or not, it should only be used where it has to be. Definitely NOT over sources of high radiant heat!

Thanks, somehow I missed his first post.

I believe Dan posted links to the line routing etc. in His post above, so check them out if You haven't had a chance yet. I know it isn't always attractive, but heat sleeve is not
a bad idea on the lines in the vicinity of heat such as what You've got there , if rerouting isn't desired/an option. And always use the least amount of rubber line, even if it is
SAEJ30R9 EFI hose, teflon inner lined or not, it should only be used where it has to be. Definitely NOT over sources of high radiant heat!
could it be, that your fuel is draining back to the tank, and forcing air (fumes) out of the vent , giving u the "smell !"

Can you give me the specs on that air cleaner , I am having trouble finding new ones to fit on my holley 1920 's . need to be very low.

7503m.jpg

Can you give me the specs on that air cleaner , I am having trouble finding new ones to fit on my holley 1920 's . need to be very low.

I'll have to just some some better pics and the number on the filter. It's not quite the right size, but is IS lower profile.
Have no idea where the air cleaner came from though.

-
Back