nail chewing

-
Not really a bad thing is it? Unless he/she bites them to the quick.I kind of wish my dog would take up the habbit so I wouldn't have to trim them.

Not really a bad thing is it? Unless he/she bites them to the quick.I kind of wish my dog would take up the habbit so I wouldn't have to trim them.

it is not a bad thing, unless he decides to do it right next to your bed at 3 in the morning....funny thing is, if i pick up the clipper out the doggy door he goes. we gave up trying to trim them after he almost broke my nose, last time they were trimmed he was at the vet under sedation, he had some cactus spines stuck in his face from chaseing lizards when we lived in AZ...

lol.......his own......

had to ask...it was how you phrased the question that brought out the smart *** in me :-D. I meant what you knew, just having fun. Actually, I've had a few dogs that chew their own nails. It's never been a big deal, but you might want to do a google search for vet sites and see what they have to say.

had to ask...it was how you phrased the question that brought out the smart *** in me :-D. I meant what you knew, just having fun. Actually, I've had a few dogs that chew their own nails. It's never been a big deal, but you might want to do a google search for vet sites and see what they have to say.
everybody likes a piece of *** but nobody like a smart ***....:-D:-D:-D:-Di could not help myself neither. red, the nail chewer, has a bit of a slobber problem. he was just outside doing some gopher hunting, his slobbers are now mud encrusted....

We had a lab/chow mix named Magic that used to do that. We never had to trim her nails. Fortunately she never chewed them down to the quick.

everybody likes a piece of *** but nobody like a smart ***....:-D:-D:-D:-Di could not help myself neither. red, the nail chewer, has a bit of a slobber problem. he was just outside doing some gopher hunting, his slobbers are now mud encrusted....

All smart assing to the side now that we've gotten that out of our system :-D Do you think the slobbering has something to do with the nail chewing or do you think it's entirely unrelated? My sister's dog has a bit of a slobber problem thanks to the St. Bernard in him, but that's genetic.

I have never trimmed ours,he takes care of it.He doesnt like his paws touched,i dont think i could cut them if i tried,i know the vet cant.

All smart assing to the side now that we've gotten that out of our system :-D Do you think the slobbering has something to do with the nail chewing or do you think it's entirely unrelated? My sister's dog has a bit of a slobber problem thanks to the St. Bernard in him, but that's genetic.
no, don't think it is related, i mean just look at him....

105_0511.jpg

My dog chews nails, 16 penny. I don't think its a problem though. It might be a problem for unwelcome visitors.

-
Back