Name says it all...

-

MoparRookie

Reaction score
Hey everybody total greenhorn here.
It’s only been in the last five years have I even started changing my own oil and brakes!
With as ignorant as I may be about what’s going on under the hood, I have been in love with old Chryslers ever since I was a kid and my dad brought home a ’72 Dart. That was and still is the single coolest car I had ever seen.
Over the years I have played with the idea of getting my own old Chrysler to toy around with but for one reason (time) or another (money) it never happened, that is till 12/15/11.
I ran across a ’74 Duster that I could afford and it ran! The speedometer doesn’t work and the passenger windshield wiper doesn’t move but I still get a giant stupid grin every time I see it.
Unfortunately I work long weekend hours so I have had zero time with it but I am looking forward to Monday!
My boss is an old Chrysler fan himself and is currently working on a ’72 Dart out of all things. So I have him on hand to answer most questions I have as I stumble thru this little adventure.

Sorry for the delay had a series of events that otherwise occupied my time this weekend and Monday.

Here a few pics I took with my phone.

I took more with my camera of under the hood and the interior but they kept failing to upload.

The humble beginnings that will hopefully lead to an epic finish!

Attachments

• Photo0086.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Photo0087.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Photo0088.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Photo0089.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Photo0090.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 121
Welcome MR...FABO is a great place with great people. I'll keep an eye out for your pics ;-)

This is an excited time for you I'm sure... remember keep your head in the book and Mopars will come easy! Welcome from VA.

You'll learn a lot from the guys here. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Welcome from SoCal.

Welcome and we do crave pictures. It doesn't matter what your car looks like as many here have been there or are there with their Mopars.

Welcome to FABO MoparRookie!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information.

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More photos in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06816.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome MoparRookie.
Hey Ma Snart, love your shop. Although it looks as a livingroom. :prayer:

Hey Tim, glad you made it. you stole that duster! hey everyone!! this guy stole someones duster. I won't say the price, ill let you tell them, BUT YOU KNOW YOU STOLE IT. CAUSE I KNOW WHAT YOU GAVE!. that makes you not so rookie. welcome Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome gang.
Yeah Mikes right I do feel like I got a pretty good deal on it but I’m sure I’ll more than make up that difference in all the trial and error that will go into it lol.
Pics of under the hood and inside to come

-
Back