Name that part and you get....well you get a pat on the back

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
Been Waaay to long since I have disassembled the Duster so need some assistance.

Can't remember where these went, black plastic with 2 metal clips each.

The Blue part I posted on the forum a year or so ago and stumped everyone maybe it will catch someones eye this time, it is stamped steel threaded in the holes and by the dirt/dust on it I would say it was exposed to the outside somehow.

Attachments

• DSC00490.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC00491.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC00492.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 436
Just went through all of my dis-assembly pics to show you where they went and found out i didn't take a picture of them before I removed them from the car. Damn, broke my own rule ... You can never take too many pictures of the breakdown process...

Like behind the sail panel somewhere? If anyone has a pic you get 2 pats on the back. :D

Just went out in the garage and took a look.... just below the 1/4 window latch it's cut a bit low on the inner panel I'm guessing that's what you mean.

The steel piece looks like it might be a bracket for the trunk latch. Just a guess though.

Like behind the sail panel somewhere? If anyone has a pic you get 2 pats on the back. :D

Just went out in the garage and took a look.... just below the 1/4 window latch it's cut a bit low on the inner panel I'm guessing that's what you mean.

Yes, although when I put my sail panels in I could not get those pieces to fit anywhere. I know they go there but the how is escaping me.

Here is where the plastic tabs go. I am coming up blank on the blue piece. I have had every nut & bolt off my car and don't recall that.
C

Attachments

• Aug29,2007 075.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 316
Here is where the plastic tabs go. I am coming up blank on the blue piece. I have had every nut & bolt off my car and don't recall that.
C
Attached Images
attachment.php
The Man wins a prize!..... I'll send the Hookers over later :thumbrig:

The metal bracket goes in the door for the upper hinge i believe. Or in the hinges for the decklid.

4404spd is correct. Trunk hinge, it slides into the square open end, that end is then slide into the trunk lid and the lid fastened to the hinge. This is where you need a pic and I don't think I have any...
I also think it is missing a clip of some sort that holds it in place... Do you have any funky clips that you don't have a home for yet?

At what stage are you in the re-assembly? Pics?
C

I missed the hookers because I couldn't provide the picture? The story of my life...........

When I disassembled my Duster, I only found one of the black plastic pieces around the pop out window. I need one for the passenger side. Anybody have a spare?

-
Back