Name that TC...lol

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Sorry guys.. but I have this TC and I have no idea what kind it is, or anything about it other than it looks like it's for a externally balanced 360 b/c of the weight on it...

It does have 16 and 10425 stamped on the back where the weight is.

I know u guys can't tell what stall it is, but if I knock the weight off and buy a B&M flex plate can I reuse it in my 727 with my 360?

Any information would be helpful thank guys

Jason
DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Your best bet would be to contact Lenny @ Ultimate Converters. He's the best in the business. He's a member here on FABO.

yup lenny makes the best imo... I will contact him when i build a real motor.

Hi Guys, That definately looks like an older B&M 10" converter. Not a bad piece for it's time. It was made originally from a 10" Ford C-4 type core and looking at the blade angle on the pump cover, I would guess that it should be approx 3500 stall behind a mild big block and approx. 3000 stall behind a decent small block. Hope this helps you out a little.

PS - The weight is for an externally balanced 360 or a late 340 w/cast crank

10425 is a B&M part number. So Lenny is spot on.

Hi Guys, That definately looks like an older B&M 10" converter. Not a bad piece for it's time. It was made originally from a 10" Ford C-4 type core and looking at the blade angle on the pump cover, I would guess that it should be approx 3500 stall behind a mild big block and approx. 3000 stall behind a decent small block. Hope this helps you out a little.

PS - The weight is for an externally balanced 360 or a late 340 w/cast crank

This my friend is why I will only buy my next TC from you.. thx again.. one question though.. should I leave the weight on it and use the neutral balance flexplate or should I grine it off and use the 360 externally balanced plate?

Hi , if you are running the 360c.i. or the late 340c.i. w/cast crank, either would work.

-
Back