Nascar Feb 7

-
Sorry to say Nascar belongs to brand-x..same in nhra prostock,Mopar has'nt got a chance of winning a title in that class...

NASCAR lost me when the started running the "Car of the Future" (remember IROC?). NASCAR first stuck its finger in my eye when they banned the wing cars. They stuck another in my other eye when they banned big blocks.

They are essentially highlighting the drivers and not the vehicles.

King Richard - when men were men to handle those old machines.
They lost me back in 2004 when they refused to do anything about Tony Stewart wrecking someone out in 2 out of every 3 races. I like Tony, he is a great driver, but he could also be as stupid as anyone who has ever taken the wheel. The July '04 race where he wrecked Kasey out of what was looking a lot like his first victory was it for me. Just as well. I would have bailed when they started running Toyota Camrys anyway. TOYOTA FREAKING CAMRYS????? In America's sport? There's a car with racing heritage. At least Dodge's new engine is supposed to put them back in front this year.

Still I am looking forward to it.What would be cool if they did 1 race from the cars back in 69, man now we are talking about real time racing.I vote for lets do it NASCAR.

i used to watch often but stopped because they all look like toyotas and hondas thew cars arent like they used to be , they arent cars anymore.

I am a big Nascar fan. A big Kahne fan. But Dodge will always be the "also ran". It's sad.

I hope this year proves me wrong. I'm not holding my breath though.

Edit: Yeah I forgot to mention. They are all the same now...have been for years. The engine (if that) is the only thing that tells them apart.

then again, they are built off the same mold as well. Conform to what we want...or else.

Still I am looking forward to it.What would be cool if they did 1 race from the cars back in 69, man now we are talking about real time racing.I vote for lets do it NASCAR.

If you are a Mopar fan, 69 aint the year to pick! Check the books...wasn't Petty driving a Ford that year!?!?
lightbulb.gif

NASCAR has been a joke for a long time. WTF does NASCAR stand for?
There is NOTHING stock about those cars. NASCAR should change the name.
It was also very nice of NACAR to allow Toyota in. Just great to have a Japanese manufacturer on board in stock car racing. They never built a pushrod V-8 so NASCAR handed them the blueprints from Ford, Chevy and Dodge and told them to pick whatever they like. They did just that....used whatever they wanted from all three....what a crock.
If they did not put the stickers on the cars, could you even tell them apart?
huh.gif

Sorry to piss on the NASCAR parade....

-
Back