Mopar Mechanical Parts For Sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pomonamissel

pomonamissel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:56 PM
    Contact Seller
    this is a buds build for when he was using a833 gear boxes behind his old school blown 354 / 392 early hemi cars he raced , but this trans never made it into the race car , was a spare . okay here is a description of what it is , it uses a 18 spline hemi special nascar input drive gear thats wider then stock made here in the usa for the nascar hemi that ran in the 60's to 70's , the input is a one piece part , he said '' the last two that this guy had from tennessee , that did nascar trannies back in the day'' . liberty gear started building a similar input later , but it was a two piece version welded together . it has a special gearing to keep the gear shifts stay in the power band . he call it a (race red stripe) 1st 2.6517, 2nd 1.6363 , 3rd 1.1868 , and 4th 1.0 , that are the gears . it is fresh and ready to run , track or street . super sweet gear box , as you can see its set up for the u-joint yoke type output , better bearing set up , put the slipper in the drive line . the hurst comp plus shifter and rods , do not know what car the rods was designed to fit . but uses the a body hurst mounting bracket . paint is something he does , he runs the salt flats , everything gets painted . priced at $4000 . shipping from san jose , ca to you , is on you , i will crate it help for shipping , greyhound bus here in town , least costly . but thats your call . thanks for your attention .

DSC03802.JPG

DSC03803.JPG

DSC03804.JPG

DSC03805.JPG

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03807.JPG

DSC03809.JPG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. odcics2

odcics2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:56 PM
    NASCAR TRANS!!! Got my attention!
    The vin stamped on the case says "1969 Charger R/T with a 440"...
    Nascar transmissions use the 23 spline input, as far as the MoPar Circle Track catalog states.

3. pomonamissel

Local Time:
    yes the case is charger 440 , but for him that just the holster , the gear package is the course hemi stuff along with the 18 spline input shaft . if you wish i can get pics of the gear package thru the shifter side plate , i'm do to get the gear ranges from him anyway . i'm sure the that the nascar 426 hemis used a 18 spline clutch . even my 66 hemi box has an 18 spline with the small bearing , his uses the next larger bearing and release bearing collar , he is a straight up guy and i'll find out just whom it has that built that input . any more requested just ask away .

4. pomonamissel

Local Time:
    modified the description , and added gearing info . hope it helps .

5. crackedback

crackedback FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    How exactly are you going to put a SLIPPER in the driveline of an A body? A carrier bearing part way back?

6. pomonamissel

Local Time:
    just as they use on the front drive of a leaf spring 4 x4 , and the heavy duty trucks all use that style u-joint capture yoke . and when i did my 64 cuda 4spd driveline changed over from the trunnion joint , this is the style capture yoke and slipper i used , and here is a pic of that set up . i'm using a cable shift 727 in my 60 pick up project . DSC03753.JPG DSC03754.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.