Not open for further replies.

pomonamissel

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
this is a buds build for when he was using a833 gear boxes behind his old school blown 354 / 392 early hemi cars he raced , but this trans never made it into the race car , was a spare . okay here is a description of what it is , it uses a 18 spline hemi special nascar input drive gear thats wider then stock made here in the usa for the nascar hemi that ran in the 60's to 70's , the input is a one piece part , he said '' the last two that this guy had from tennessee , that did nascar trannies back in the day'' . liberty gear started building a similar input later , but it was a two piece version welded together . it has a special gearing to keep the gear shifts stay in the power band . he call it a (race red stripe) 1st 2.6517, 2nd 1.6363 , 3rd 1.1868 , and 4th 1.0 , that are the gears . it is fresh and ready to run , track or street . super sweet gear box , as you can see its set up for the u-joint yoke type output , better bearing set up , put the slipper in the drive line . the hurst comp plus shifter and rods , do not know what car the rods was designed to fit . but uses the a body hurst mounting bracket . paint is something he does , he runs the salt flats , everything gets painted . priced at $4000 . shipping from san jose , ca to you , is on you , i will crate it help for shipping , greyhound bus here in town , least costly . but thats your call . thanks for your attention .

DSC03802.JPG

DSC03803.JPG

DSC03804.JPG

DSC03805.JPG

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03807.JPG

DSC03809.JPG

Last edited:
NASCAR TRANS!!! Got my attention!
The vin stamped on the case says "1969 Charger R/T with a 440"...
Nascar transmissions use the 23 spline input, as far as the MoPar Circle Track catalog states.

yes the case is charger 440 , but for him that just the holster , the gear package is the course hemi stuff along with the 18 spline input shaft . if you wish i can get pics of the gear package thru the shifter side plate , i'm do to get the gear ranges from him anyway . i'm sure the that the nascar 426 hemis used a 18 spline clutch . even my 66 hemi box has an 18 spline with the small bearing , his uses the next larger bearing and release bearing collar , he is a straight up guy and i'll find out just whom it has that built that input . any more requested just ask away .

How exactly are you going to put a SLIPPER in the driveline of an A body? A carrier bearing part way back?

just as they use on the front drive of a leaf spring 4 x4 , and the heavy duty trucks all use that style u-joint capture yoke . and when i did my 64 cuda 4spd driveline changed over from the trunnion joint , this is the style capture yoke and slipper i used , and here is a pic of that set up . i'm using a cable shift 727 in my 60 pick up project .
DSC03753.JPG
DSC03754.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back