Nascar! Sorry!

-
Maybee its time to let Firestone & Hoosier back into the game. This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. If it had been left up to me, I would have told the crew cheifs at half way, you have what you have. now go racing!

i think i read somewere that hoosier did try to compete with goodyear in the cup series a while back , but things got out of hand because each company tried keep making a faster tire and less empasis on safety

Mark Martin going to Hendricks Yes!:cheers:

the word is Mark Martin will be joing the Hendrick Team next year
Tony S will start his own team.:read2:

Here's another item to ponder. I watched the last 30-35. There was a trend between the top 2 cars. Winners car was better the first 3-4 laps, they leveled off for 3 laps, then the 2nd place car was better for the last 4-5 laps of any run.

Last run... 7 laps. Conicidence?

Had that last run been on the limit of the tires, say 10-12 laps, you have a different winner.

Anybody that doesn't think that wasn't observed by the powers is fooling themselves. This organization has a history of playing favorites.

Earlier on Sunday, sources told ESPN.com that Martin would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. Later, ESPN.com learned that he would replace Mears,:read2: making one last full-time run at a championship. So who will ever know until next year.:-D

My thoughts exactly! NASCAR is slowly losing one of their fans!
I can understand that. My father got me started watching stock cars back in the 70's when races were first televised. I watched every lap of every race for years. I gave it all up in July of 2004 after getting sick of seeing Tony Stewart wreck someone out of every 2nd or 3rd race and seeing NASCAR do nothing about it. Hell, I remember a race at Dover where they penalized Dale Sr. a lap when Derrick Cope spun out 5 feet in front of him. I pissed Earnhardt off so much that he got his lap back, lapped half the field, and easily won. The day Tony wrecked Kasey Kahne out on a late race restart of what was looking more and more like his first victory was it for me. Tony is a great driver, no question. Unfortunately, at times, he can also be the biggest idiot on the track. He doesn't wreck people like Earnhardt did, through over-aggressiveness. He wrecks them out through stupidity. Well, he did back in 2004 when I last watched. I don't know how he runs these days. It's just as well. I would have bailed when they started running Toyota Camrys in NASCAR. TOYOTA FREAKING CAMRYS???????????
Are you kidding me?
It is really amazing. I watched every lap of every race for almost 25 years. When I said I was done my wife said "yea, right". I haven't watched a single lap since and don't miss it at all.

I can understand that. My father got me started watching stock cars back in the 70's when races were first televised. I watched every lap of every race for years. I gave it all up in July of 2004 after getting sick of seeing Tony Stewart wreck someone out of every 2nd or 3rd race and seeing NASCAR do nothing about it. Hell, I remember a race at Dover where they penalized Dale Sr. a lap when Derrick Cope spun out 5 feet in front of him. I pissed Earnhardt off so much that he got his lap back, lapped half the field, and easily won. The day Tony wrecked Kasey Kahne out on a late race restart of what was looking more and more like his first victory was it for me. Tony is a great driver, no question. Unfortunately, at times, he can also be the biggest idiot on the track. He doesn't wreck people like Earnhardt did, through over-aggressiveness. He wrecks them out through stupidity. Well, he did back in 2004 when I last watched. I don't know how he runs these days. It's just as well. I would have bailed when they started running Toyota Camrys in NASCAR. TOYOTA FREAKING CAMRYS???????????
Are you kidding me?
It is really amazing. I watched every lap of every race for almost 25 years. When I said I was done my wife said "yea, right". I haven't watched a single lap since and don't miss it at all.

SO your saying its ok for earnhardt for wrecking people..... but for tony its a different story, common people sitting in a hot *** car for a long time will get pretty violent. Its like Road rage but multiply times 3 because why....The cameras are there.... Drama sells... Well thats what nascar thinks@

All I know is what everyone has said above on this thread makes since. I to believe that it is rigged just like wrestling, but NASCAR keeps it covered up nicely.

It is definitely sad to see Toyota coming in because I am mainly a PROUD AMERICAN and don't like it. BUT we,Americans, American company's are selling out to foreign country's anyway so it is to be expected. They are going to own everything in America anyhow eventually so they can race their Toyota's, Honda's, etc... anywhere they want.

I know one thing that every true NASCAR fan and I mean a TRUE NASCAR fan will agree on and that the races have went down hill quick! There seems to be no sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see who is going to win! It sucks basically!

I have always loved to watch NHRA but never have been to a NHRA event. I have had people tell me that if I went to one that I would throw NASCAR out the door!

I have always loved to watch NHRA but never have been to a NHRA event. I have had people tell me that if I went to one that I would throw NASCAR out the door!

After you see a top fuel funny car scream by you at more than 300 mph 5 seconds after whacking open the throttle, which sounds like a freakin' explosion, lol.....You'll never watch NASCAR again. Bring ear protection. It's the greatest show on earth.

All I know is what everyone has said above on this thread makes since. I to believe that it is rigged just like wrestling, but NASCAR keeps it covered up nicely.

It is definitely sad to see Toyota coming in because I am mainly a PROUD AMERICAN and don't like it. BUT we,Americans, American company's are selling out to foreign country's anyway so it is to be expected. They are going to own everything in America anyhow eventually so they can race their Toyota's, Honda's, etc... anywhere they want.

I know one thing that every true NASCAR fan and I mean a TRUE NASCAR fan will agree on and that the races have went down hill quick! There seems to be no sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see who is going to win! It sucks basically!

I agree and think that NHRA is a better event for the fans that has been to
a NASCAR events, It is like someone ells here said ! It's like watching a train go around in a circle.
But , when the cars fire up and competition comes into the game it can be enjoying. I wish that Mopar would do like I figured they would and clean house and get disqualified for betting all the X brands, like they did back in the day with Petty and there mopar's getting the word to stop or quit.
They quit and came back.

SO your saying its ok for earnhardt for wrecking people..... but for tony its a different story, common people sitting in a hot *** car for a long time will get pretty violent. Its like Road rage but multiply times 3 because why....The cameras are there.... Drama sells... Well thats what nascar thinks@
Did I say that? No. Wrecking people is extremely unsafe and never OK. But if it was me, I would rather be running against a predictably over-aggressive driver than an unpredictable idiot. As I said, Tony is a great driver. He is extremely talented. It's just that every time I remember seeing him take someone out it was because he did something stupid. The Kasey Kahne incident was just one example. He freaking slammed Kahne from behind on a restart bad enough to take Kasey out. Tony claimed that Kasey 'missed a shift or something" but the replay clearly showed every car around Tony accelerating at the same rate and Tony just standing on the gas until he slammed Kasey. Intentional? Maybe. Unintentional but extremely stupid? Maybe. Either way it was just another incident in a year of incidents involving Tony slamming someone and nothing being done and it was enough for me. If I remember correctly he also took Sterling out of that same race.

After you see a top fuel funny car scream by you at more than 300 mph 5 seconds after whacking open the throttle, which sounds like a freakin' explosion, lol.....You'll never watch NASCAR again. Bring ear protection. It's the greatest show on earth.
Absolutely.

Mike, you are right...Mark Martin is a true gentleman...and a great racer!

Thanks Slanted66, Kasey K. Kurt B, Martin and Biffle sure would have
Been my choice at the get go:cheers: when Mopar got back into the game.
Newman had a $$$ hit so we lost him.

But, I have been to many National events 5 in Mempis and one in Ill. Aswago
Shirley M. and Don G. fighting and looking for glory. And they did.

I myself would take a good time at a NHRA or just a good pinks race over a NASCAR event. :-D

nhra are great,being there live. Nothing like watching it on tv,total differnet.

And what do you think of the Toyota Funny cars and Top Fuel cars? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they aren't working on a motor for Pro Stock too.

-
Back