NE! got pics of restored 1157 jacks 71 duster demon

-

EL5DEMON340

Reaction score
Looking for a few pics of restored 1157 jacks for 71 duster demons , were they black,grey, i have a dark green one ?

I have been trying to figure this out myself, I have a three jacks here, all are a little different, one of them is original to my '71 Duster, and I don't know which one for sure.

Here's a few pics I have gathered,

1) '71 Demon
2) '71 Duster
3) '72 Duster

I have seen different colored bases and hooks...

i have 2 original to the car jacks. 1 is a 71 dart and the other is a 72 demon. pic #1 looks like the 71 dart's jack i have, and pic #3 looks like the 72 demon's i have. both have grey bases and black hooks

My jack looks like that red one but my hook is like butterduster's hook should say 1157

Now you got me wondering. Next time I go to see my car in storage I look. Everything is original on it and I'll look at the jack. Wasn't the jack hook allways on top of the spare?

here it is

First time I've seen a hook like that !

Here's a couple pics of what I believe is the original jack that came out of my Duster. '1157 hook and U70 base, both hook and base are black.

And yes the hook should be stored with the base on top of the spare tire.

My other question is which wrench, long or short?

natural mast, gray jack head and black base and tire iron in my car

You can get an idea of the correctness of the jack by the date code on the rivit on the head, If they remembered to stamp it, one of mine is stamped 1 C. March 71 . Should be at least a month before SPD. Mike

-
Back