Neat little hotrod!!

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So today I had to go north about 30 minutes to a town I never go to, came back home a different way and beside the road I saw what turned out to be a little cushman "truck" with a snow blower and generator on the bed with for sale signs. So I stopped and asked the owner if the cushman is for sale, turns out only the blower and generator were. He then tells me if I have time he's got a bunch of pics of other cushman's he's owned to we went back to the garage and this is what I see!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The original cushman's are really neat but this just took it to a whole new level!!

He hand build pretty well the whole thing. Got 5 4x8 sheets of 20ga steel and hand formed it all. The metal has wrinkles and imperfections due to being bent and shaped by hand but that only adds to the character of the car. He used the engine, 3 speed manual trans and rearend from a cushman then built the frame and body himself. The front fenders were made using fenders off a tandem axle boat trailer and the grant and rear bumpers were cut from a damaged camper awning. The hood emblem was taken from a trophy from the high school he went to 60 years ago. Him and his grandson started working on it when his grandson was 12 years old, sadly his grandson and his girlfriend we're killed 2 years ago when they're motorcycle was hit head on by a drunk driver, he was 24 years old.

Last edited:
Always had a fascination for Cushman stuff after having an Eagle with a Harley 3 speed and stick shifter on the tank when I was in High School.
Oh what I could do with that little car. :D

I'm gonna stop in again sometime to bs and drop the hint that if he ever wants to sell it to give me a buzz

-
Back