Need 15 -16-17 or 18's

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
My Signet needs an updated look and for the likes of my I cannot figure out not which wheels and tires I want to use, but which wheels and tires will fit. For the past 25 or so years, it's used 14" 5 on 4.5 - 7" wide steel wheels and as you know, tires are hard to come by except for BFG T/A and I dislike T/A's.
Signet now uses 205/70's on front and 245/60's on rear and both are basically the same height

What numbers would it need in both wheels and tires if running either 15 -16 -17 or 18's both front and rear to fit the program so to speak. If any other information is needed I will gladly give you more.. Thanks in advance for your time and energy :)

The car itself has 74 Duster front discs and an 8.75 rear with a 2" lowering block, both are BBP.

to match (or stay close to) the factory tire height on my 17/18 combo I have found 205 or 215/50/17 for the front, and a 235/45/18 on the rear...

there is a great tire calc tool i found... it shows the difference in 2 sizes, and includes speedo chagnes. you can tinker for a while and figure out how to match overall height, sidewall height front rear, or whatever.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

enjoy

JOE

A big thank you to FABO Moderator ( 6pk2goDemon ) who helped me out when I was starting to go ballistic as he pulled me from the fiery gates of hell

And thank you Joe for the chart as I love charts and facts...

Yet I still need to know what's gonna fit the stock wheel well with stock location of the springs on my 64 Signet..

Stick to 14 on front and a 15x8 on the rear perfect look. Go to my profile on my car same figments

A set of 15x7 Rallyes with like 225/60/15s all the way around looks just right on early A bodies in my opinion. But this looks killer too..

Attachments

• i4616.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 128
-
Back