Need '65 Barracuda power brake Booster,backup vacuum canister pics.

-

one mile

Reaction score
I posted this 1st in "early A" discussion and have gotten no response so far. I hope I can get info here. I am putting power brakes on my Daughter's '65 Barracuda with the commando motor and have bought a factory secondary vacuum canister and do not know the best way to mount it. Help ! any pics. would be great. I want it to function properly and look nice also. Thanks, Tim

If it's the factory vacuum canister, it will have 2 studs on the bottom. There should be a couple of dimples on the top of the inner fender next to where the washer bottle goes. It was fairly close to being over the shock tower. I've seen pictures that members have posted of their engine compartments that include that vacuum canister -guess do a search. Hope this helps.

If it's the factory vacuum canister, it will have 2 studs on the bottom. There should be a couple of dimples on the top of the inner fender next to where the washer bottle goes. It was fairly close to being over the shock tower. I've seen pictures that members have posted of their engine compartments that include that vacuum canister -guess do a search. Hope this helps.
Thanks '65 Dartman

Just remembered that it sits at an angle on the top of the inner fender.

I WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES TONIGHT WHEN I GET HOME IN ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO AND POST THEM IN THE AM FOR YOU

Not sure if this is what your looking for but have some pics from my car (65 Dart) before I took everything out. good luck

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

Here are some pictures my car had little dimples in the inner fender and I found them using the original inner fender from the parts car I had

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yea It was suppose to be a cruiser we will have to see, 375ci, 4 speed, 3:55 rear p/s 4 wheel disc brakes and a/c, power window and locks and it's going to be a two door wagon

Man thanks ! Great looking setup ! is there a tee fitting between the canister and the brake booster connected to the engine ? just asking.......is there any type of "check valve" anywhere ?

There is a vacuum hose from the engine to a tee fitting one side goes to the booster and there is a check valve in the booster it self and the other side goes to the canister. I hope this helps

-
Back