-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm rebuilding my master cylinder as a spare on my 65 Valiant which has 9" manual drums. I've got a reman parts store one that I'm going to put on now but before that I noticed I may be missing a couple parts. On the push rod there is a return spring and a seat outside of the boot, I need those two items. All I have for reference is the 65 Parts manual and the 65 service manual but I don't know how to add them as pictures to post. I'm also wondering if this is why my brake pedal is always keeping my stop lights on because there is no return spring. This picture of a new master cylinder shows the spring and seat my master cylinder is missing and these are the two parts I need.

Attachments

• m-434Fv5j_pxV8cLmTp-nKg.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 67
While these parts may have been used at one time I have not seen them on any of the remanned master's I've purchased in the last two decades. To add these parts you have to have a particular push rod that has a clip retaining groove cut in it meaning that not every master cyl can be retro fit with these parts even if you do find them. I've never found this spring necessary if your brake shoes are adjusted properly. Most drum brakes need more frequent adjustments than is generally accepted, even those with self adjusters. If after adjusting your brake shoes your brake lights still stay on, you will need to adjust your brake light switch under the dash. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back