Need 65 Valiant washer tee hose routing pictures

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I got the new washer tee for my 65 Valiant. I'm finishing up everything under the hood and hooking up the washer system is one of the last things I've got to do. I know there is one tee but I can't see how to properly hook up the tee. The tee has a hole in it possibly for a moutning screw. I have one random screw sitting on the corner of the driver's side under hood cowl with some type of metal clip on it, don't know if it's broken off or that's all it is. But I don't have any illustration of how to properly place the tee or hook up the hoses. I've got a couple of original pictures but not close up enough to tell. Anyone here have an illustration or know where the tee is suppose to screw into?

983641845_491288fb5c.jpg

Thanks, that helps overall routing. But where does the plastic tee go? It's got a hole for a screw. I see in the picture in the upper right corner the metal clip holding the hose. I've got that. But where does the tee screw down to? I can't really tell but it almost looks like there is just one hose going to both nozzles and I know that can't be, just can't make out the tee.

Thanks, that helps overall routing. But where does the plastic tee go? It's got a hole for a screw. I see in the picture in the upper right corner the metal clip holding the hose. I've got that. But where does the tee screw down to? I can't really tell but it almost looks like there is just one hose going to both nozzles and I know that can't be, just can't make out the tee.

The tee is on the drivers side, there is a metal Screw, not a clip.

Large hose goes from washer bag/ plastic washer fluid reservoir;
to the tee, and then 2 smaller hoses go to the sprayer nozzles.

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/atlasobsoletechryslerparts/Detail?no=232

a20792a12d51e77dda6aa0_m.JPG

If I remember correctly the "T" looks like an "F" and the bottom of the "F" is larger and is the inlet from the pump then the two fingers of the "F" are smaller and face backwards toward the washer nozzles and is retained by a screw to the cowl.

Note black foam washer under the "F" at the cowl.

Attachments

• Abody Washer F.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 118
  • AbodyWasherPump.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 151
  • AbodyWasherSystem.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 153
Oh ok that should cover me now. I had a metal tab screwed in where the washer tee was suppose to be but didn't know if it was original or not. When I got the car the previous owner had it wired and hosed up for a later a-body tank. So I guess I'll just make a foam washer out of the left over foam material from my firewall gasket kit. Is that an original piece? It makes sense to keep it from cracking. Mine won't have the braided loom over the reservoir to pump hose but at least it will look right and be new.

Oh ok I thought the braided hose was a little strange. But I had no idea since my washer system was originally missing.

I got the new washer tee for my 65 Valiant. I'm finishing up everything under the hood and hooking up the washer system is one of the last things I've got to do. I know there is one tee but I can't see how to properly hook up the tee. The tee has a hole in it possibly for a moutning screw. I have one random screw sitting on the corner of the driver's side under hood cowl with some type of metal clip on it, don't know if it's broken off or that's all it is. But I don't have any illustration of how to properly place the tee or hook up the hoses. I've got a couple of original pictures but not close up enough to tell. Anyone here have an illustration or know where the tee is suppose to screw into?
Where do we find this Tee? Mine has snapped off...

-
Back