Need 66 Barracuda rocker fasteners

-

4spdcuda66

Reaction score
I contacted Rick at Layson's and he said he hasn't seen this type of fastener. Anyone else? The larger "T" clip screws toward the top of the rocker to hold the top of the rocker trim. I can get those. The round fastener holds the bottom of the trim to the bottom of the rocker. The pin spreads the tangs out to hold the fastener in place. Three of the four tangs are missing on the fastener in the photo. The round hole in the trim is where the round fastener goes to hold it to the rocker. Nobody seems to know about these, and I need fourteen of them! 66 Barracuda guys please chime in!! Thanks FABO!!

trim fastener.jpg

rocker trim.jpg

trim clip.jpg

You can get the clips in the bottom picture on Ebay for about $60. I'd be curious if a push pin is available for the bottom part of the rocker

You can get the clips in the bottom picture on Ebay for about $60. I'd be curious if a push pin is available for the bottom part of the rocker
Layson's sells them for $2.50ea. That would be $35+shipping on those. I may have to improvise on the other one. The above link looks like it may have some that will work.

Layson's sells them for $2.50ea. That would be $35+shipping on those. I may have to improvise on the other one. The above link looks like it may have some that will work.
I ran into this same problem with my 66. After searching for a long time, I decided exact replacements were not available at any cost.
Here's what I did to solve the problem. Lightly drive a small size plastic drywall anchor into the original hole in the rocker panel. Attach the rocker moulding using #6 stainless steel flat head screws. Mine has been holding just fine for the past couple of years. I may have enlarged the panel hole a little bit to accept the anchor for a tight fit, can't recall for sure.

I ran into this same problem with my 66. After searching for a long time, I decided exact replacements were not available at any cost.
Here's what I did to solve the problem. Lightly drive a small size plastic drywall anchor into the original hole in the rocker panel. Attach the rocker moulding using #6 stainless steel flat head screws. Mine has been holding just fine for the past couple of years. I may have enlarged the panel hole a little bit to accept the anchor for a tight fit, can't recall for sure.

I also used the blue drywall mollies for the bottom fastener, as the push pin is simply not available! Mine has been safely on for about 15 years! I'll check and see if I have any of the top hook clips for you!!

I had thought about the drywall anchors! Didn't know if that would work or not. I guess it does! Probably better than the brittle originals anyway!

Has anyone come up with a diffrent style lower rocker cover? My car had all the studs and screw holes removed years ago. Now that the car is on the rotisserie and the sand blasting was dont I can see where they go but not sure how to re attach them. I was thinking about taking the ones I have (albeit a bit road worn) to a machine shop and get the units shaved down or made new from billet aluminum but with a diffrent pattern or scallops like the Hemi Cuda from 70-71 style. or even a fish scale pattern. Again just thinking outside the box to be diffrent, Anyhow, then a diffrent type of mounting can be incorporated.
I want to thank 4spdcuda66 for starting this thread. Made me remember I need to address this sooner than later.

Joe

-
Back