need 68 barracuda help

-

four ehs

Reaction score
just picked up another project,a 68 barracuda notchback painted but apart.so i have a few questions,1,how many bows for the headliner i found 4 but i have 5 hangers,2,is there not any chrome around rear window i can,t find any,3,what color is in the middle of the 2 peices of trunk trim[on the trim]4,how hard would it be to find a tinted rear window

1)Accordind to "Challenger & Barracuda Restoration Guide 1967-1974", "Those with five headliner bows used a perforated headliner, while those with six bows used a corduroy material pattern." They also caution as to numbering the bows as they set with age and should be reinstalled where they came out from as they tend to "set" and the headlinedr won't go back in proper. This is not true if new bows are used.
2)There is suposed to be chrome around the back window.
3) Body color for most, but the formula S model sometimes had a red center section.
4) No idea if it's reproduced or not.

Just as an FYI, there are sites out there that will be a big help to you. One of course is this one. Ebay often has several people parting out Barracuda's and many parts interchange (such as your 67-69 back glass and window trim). Also, consider joining the BarracudaOwners list that is on Yahoo. There a a lot of 67-69 Barracuda owners that could possibly help with some of your parts search. Don't expect just to log in and start sending in requests though. Although it may work to get some stuff, you will be expected to at least post a few photos now and then and just chat about anything that happens to come up!:tongue:

Other places I have been very lucky in finding hard to find parts are PG Classics, Layson's (although some people have had some real difficulties to say the least with them- don't get these guys going on that), and B,E & A Restoration. Of course, just a good search on google will sometimes come up with listing that you might have missed other places.

Good luck with your search. And if I can help you locate something, I'll do my best to point you in the right direction!

Rob Robinson

thanks for the info,another question on the rear window chrome;how is it held on there is no holes for screw in clips and no welded studs for clips

My 68 Notchback is the same way. Not sure if the PO had the window out and ground off the studs or it was an early car that used the 67 style trim. In any case the car came with a 67 style gasket that takes the chrome lock strip which I am curretnly using until I get ambitious and pull out the wind to install clips for the 68 stainless trim I have sitting on the shelf.

thanks that explains a lot my car was built aug 1 67 first day of production for 68

-
Back