-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for '64-65 Barracuda or Valiant (with hole for latch) hood, in good shape. I'd rather it be located in central NC or southern VA. I live in the Triad area of NC.

Thanks

I have 1 in primer with some small pin holes 150.00 + shipping I can ship to a buissness if that helps you . jon 1 608837 4427 but i am in Madison wisc. 53590
or I have 1 cut for 2 scoops if you are going to scoopit 100.00 + shipping gl 2 yah
many other parts as well

Hood, near perfect, on a 64 four door. According to Hollander, #624 fits both 64 and 65, Barracuda, and Valiant. $200 includes all hinge hardware, upper and lower latch, and tensioning rods. Would have sold it cheaper, before, when I had it in my possession, but car just went back to local yard in exchange for a remaining Chevy Nova a friend wanted. Shipping and crating would be additional. This can go Greyhound bus (bare).

Attachments

• 100_1412.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_2102.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_2103.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_2104.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_2105.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_2106.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 149
Thanks guys I was hoping for something closer to me. Shipping would be a ***** to ship that!

newmexguy, unfortunately the hood I need has the latch in the front emblem. By the way my brother lives in Las Cruces, he has a bright purple 67 Barracuda, you may have seen it!

Thanks guys I was hoping for something closer to me. Shipping would be a ***** to ship that!

newmexguy, unfortunately the hood I need has the latch in the front emblem. By the way my brother lives in Las Cruces, he has a bright purple 67 Barracuda, you may have seen it!

Latch in front emblem? Can you clarify that? Do you mean the outside release?? Hollander only lists one hood for the 64-65 Barracuda and valiant. The emblem seen in the first pic has been sold, btw. Maybe your brother could get this hood for you, if it would work. I think I have seen the purple car of your brother, nice!

Latch in front emblem? Can you clarify that? Do you mean the outside release?? Hollander only lists one hood for the 64-65 Barracuda and valiant. The emblem seen in the first pic has been sold, btw. Maybe your brother could get this hood for you, if it would work. I think I have seen the purple car of your brother, nice!

Sorry for the late response, I wanted to take a picture of my hood latch so you could see. I think all the all of the 64 & 65 Barracudas , and 65 Valiants have this type of hòod. Note the latch within the emblem.

Attachments

• Hood latch.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 121
As far as i know 64 hood emblem and latch differ from 65. 65 has the hole with the latch button in the emblem and as previously pictured 64 doesnt.....i assume thay 63 and 64 are the same style.

As far as i know 64 hood emblem and latch differ from 65. 65 has the hole with the latch button in the emblem and as previously pictured 64 doesnt.....i assume thay 63 and 64 are the same style.

Correct for the Valiants, but 64 and 65 Barracudas have the latch in the emblem.

Still looking?😞

I will add my two cent's worth here. You can cut the hole in the hood to except the hood release that goes under the Plymouth chrome piece.
Brent

Interesting Hollander doesn't mention this. (Or should say did - am referencing a reprint of the 1974 40th Ed, now 42 years old) They usually call out details such as this, when there are minor trim differences in parts that generally will interchange.

I have a 64 valiant hood on my 65 cuda. like they say, it is different, but I have trip the latch lever thru the grill with a screwdriver. works for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back